Saturday, March 5, 2011

ice cream

Ice Cream

These photos are of the little man’s first ice cream cone (actually IN the cone, that is) from 3 summers ago. He surrendered and grabbed a spoon after the first few minutes of licking. :) My hubby asked him what his favorite kind of ice cream was, and he responded quickly by saying, “mommy’s!” That’s because the little man and I would share an ice cream treat, usually something with chocolate and nuts in it. Of course he would like mine the best. Too funny!!

Ice Cream CU Cone

I used some older My Mind’s Eye papers on this and one of my all-time favorite Spellbinders die templates, Nested Ice Cream Cones. I just love cutting them out of felt and making a double cone.

Ice Cream CU tickets

One more close up…take a look at the wording on these ticket embellishments. I adore that the words on these match what is happening in the photos. Doing things like that on my layouts is important to me. I want everything to point to the story and have a reason for being on the page. Having a cute and hip factor doesn’t hurt, though. :)

I don’t know about you, but I am very ready for warm weather and the “need” to stop at the Dairy Queen in the evenings! thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Patterned paper-My Mind’s Eye (Breaking Away, Ooh La La), Spellbinders-Nested Ice Cream Cones, Letter stickers-Cosmo Cricket (Tiny Type), Letter stickers-Making Memories

11 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

this is great ! love the icecream !!
greetings, martina
x

Unknown said...

I noticed that the Central Entrance one is now open here in Duluth...a sign that spring may decide to arrive in the next months????? sUSAn

Diane said...

Wonderful layout...I so need to scrapbook for awhile!!

Susan King said...

Absolutely adorable!

Tracey said...

This is an awesome layout Kimberly! I love it!!

Unknown said...

This is such a cute layout. He is soooo cute.

Angela Fehr said...

I had a flash of deja vu when I saw the paper in your so cute layout, Kim! I used that same die cut paper for a layout of my own little man a while ago - it's one of my favourite layouts!
http://scrapsfrommytable.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-littlest-reader-layout.html
You've made that ice cream cone before, haven't you? Love it!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!!!

Rox-Ann said...

Love the ice cream the little man looks so cute and I love the "mommy ice cream" I can just hear him saying that!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Adorable...What a cutie and a great fun page. Iowa winters are way to long. Hope we miss the snow forcast for MON, TUES, Wed.
Enjoy the coming week

Unknown said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...