Monday, December 15, 2014

felt tag and gift card holder: MFT December Creative Challenge



Welcome to the December Creative Challenge brought to you by the MFT Stamps design team! This month we were challenged to use FELT! MFT Felt is hands down the best. THE best. The way it cuts with my Die-namics is fantabulous and the colors are always what I need!!

As Christmas is quickly approaching, gasp, I was starting to think about wrapping presents. Yes, you read that correctly, starting to think about wrapping. My mother-in-law loves gift cards to some of her favorite stores for Christmas. But, when I give them to her, I always like to add another treat, something else to open. Often its chocolate. The good stuff. So, I thought it would be fun to make a tag AND a gift card holder for one of her gifts.

I die cut Steel Grey Felt with Die-namics Blueprints 9, twice. On one of the tags, I trimmed away the top, to create the same-sized front. I stitched the two parts together using some grey thread and a running stitch. Don't look too closely, or you will see why I make things from paper and do not sew...

The word joy was created with Sweet Tooth Felt and Die-namics Peace, Love, Joy. The branch is from Die-namics Wild Greenery in Jellybean Green Felt. The berries, Wild Cherry Felt, cut with a circle from Die-namics Blueprints 9. I adhered the felt pieces with glue meant for fabric.

One last note, I love the extra large size of this holder, because that is a double-sided gift card inside the pocket. In fact, I even pulled the gift card out of the top, so it would show in the photo. 

This present is for my sister-in-law. Same idea, but I put the gift card on the inside this time because I wanted to make a simple tag. Again I cut Steel Grey Felt with Die-namics Blueprints 9.

The snowflake is Sweet Tooth Felt cut with Die-namics Pierced Snowflakes. The word love came from 
Die-namics Peace, Joy, Love. I layered Blu Raspberry and Berrylicious Felt to add more depth. To finish this tag off, I added a Blu Raspberry Button that had been tied with Hemp Cord.

There you have it. Two fun projects made with felt, adding a perfect touch to your Christmas presents, or even perfect for giving as-is! Be sure and head to the MFT Blog to see what the rest of the team has created. As always, the team has made some eye-popping projects!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Felt Gift Tags:

7 comments:

Tracey said...

These are awesome!!

~amy~ said...

super FUN

Jamie said...

These are wonderful lil card holders!!

Laura Williams said...

ooh kimberly! that felt is SO pretty, and these are just gorgeous tags! gray and red, and gray and aqua - pretty much the best color combos ever! It makes me want to go make something! :)

Celeste Goff said...

Kimberly, these felt tags are simply amazing!

Amy Rohl said...

In my bestest sing-song high voice: these are FABulous!!

Unknown said...

These are adorable! Love your little gift card holder & the use of the grey felt. So sweet. Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...