Monday, November 24, 2014

more Christmas tree ornaments; MFT November Creative Challenge



Welcome to the November My Favorite Things Design Team Creative Challenge! This month we were challenged to let our Christmas season creativity run wild. Simple for me to do, as Christmas is easily my favorite holiday. Something about the season brings out my need to make projects. So.many.projects. Right now I am on a kick of making Christmas tree ornaments. Perfect for adding to your own tree, or perfect for giving as gifts, these easy-to-create ornaments were made possible with great products from MFT!

My first set of ornaments was created with small birch tree disks I found at my local crafting store. They are each about 2-3" in diameter. Rustic and fabulous, I added chalkboard paint to the wood for the perfect place to stamp! Sophisticated Snowflakes had images in the perfect size. I love the elegant image against the country look of the disks. 

The top of each disk got a small eye hook that screwed into the wood without any hassle. Any ribbon or twine could be tied through the top. 

Sweet Tooth Pigment ink worked well, not only for detail, but with solid color. Be sure and heat set the ink briefly after stamping.

This year, these snowglobe-looking half-dome ornaments have been all the rage. I admit I am a huge, huge fan. After strolling around my local craft store, I found these. Bingo! Plastic ornaments that are two sides. Easy to fill, or easy to put a back on when you have Die-namics!

The back (which is adhered to the plastic half-sphere) is Sno Cone cardstock that has been cut with 
Die-namics Circle STAX Set 1. I found the die that fit on the back, with a little bit extra around the edges. 

Then I cut Sweet Tooth cardstock with Die-namics Tree Lines. Using the circle die, I lined up the trees so they would fit into the sphere. The top layer of trees is mounted over the bottom layer with foam adhesive.

I stamped Snowfall Background on the very top of the circle in Sno Cone ink. The word Peace, from 

For just a touch of shimmer, I applied MIX-ables Sheer Shimmer Glitter Glaze to the front trees.

Tough to photograph, but I love this ornament sooo much! I cannot wait to make at least a dozen more!
Oh, and I added some chunky cello glitter on the inside to look like snow. 

One more ornament. This is another craft store find, a basic plastic, but large ornament. The beautiful 
Die-namics Pierced Snowflakes was going to be the perfect element to hang on the inside of this ornament.

I cut the snowflake twice from glitter cardstock and adhered the pieces back-to-back, so that both sides sparkle. Clear and fine thread was tied through the top of the snowflake and the top of the ornament. (Which conveniently has small holes at the top.) A piece of Wild Cherry Grosgrain Ribbon was tied into a bow through the top of the ornament, finishing the holiday look.

Head over to the MFT Blog and check out what the rest of the team has been creating! I have seen peeks, and wowee! This will get your holiday mojo going!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Chalkboard Ornaments:



Supplies for Snow globe Peace Ornament:



Supplies for Snowflake Hanging Ornament: 

7 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

Holy moly! These are amazing!

Amy Rohl said...

Fab-U-lous, my dear! Awesome sauce!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Oh, these are all so pretty. The tree disk ornaments are amazing!

Celeste Goff said...

Wow, all gorgeous!!! I love them all!

~amy~ said...

lovelovelove

Betty Wright said...

Love all of the ornaments, Kim! They are all so different and fabulous!

Paula said...

Love those ornaments. But gotta say, the birch tree disc with the chalkboard paint is just too fantastic!!! What a clever idea. Love it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...