Sunday, November 30, 2014

huge photo fun with the MFT December Release Countdown


Welcome to this month's Release Countdown with My Favorite Things! You will find complete details each day on the MFT Blog, including how you can win prizes and full reveals of featured products.

I think this may be one of the cutest projects I have ever made! As I looked at Die-namics Photo Booth Props, I began to dig through my stash of photos, trying to find photos that would work for a layout. As I looked, I thought more and more about it and my nephew crossed my mind. Mr. M loves photos. Seriously loves photos. He begs grandpa to look at photos on his iPhone or iPad all the time. I thought, wouldn't it be fun if Mr. M could play with photos of people he loves?! And the idea of this magnetic photo booth hatched!

I found a metal tin in my stash of alterable items. I trimmed a photo down and placed it into the tin. I will be searching for more photos of everyone in the family, they will be easily stored inside this box.

To make the photo prop magnets, I began by die cutting magnetic sheets with Die-namics Photo Booth Props. The same sheets that I store my Die-namics upon. These sheets are from the hardware store and are sold as magnetic vent cover. The back is white, a kind of plastic finish. When you cut the magnetic sheets, be sure and put the WHITE SIDE face down into your Die-namics. It cuts much easier. Cut the other way around and you will never get through. Once the magnets were cut, I cut all my cardstock with the 
same Die-namics. Some images, I cut a couple times, like the speech bubbles.

When I adhered the cardstock to the magnetic sheets, I made sure to apply the cardstock to the white side, allowing the magnet part to be on the back, allowing for better "sticking" to the tin.

I added some words to the speech bubbles by stamping sentiments from Photo Booth in Black Licorice Hybrid ink. Silly sayings to make this tin more fun!

I thought this was fun, but I had no idea until I called the little man in to play around. He wouldn't put this down! He thought each new combo he made was funnier that the previous! :)

Because I just could not put Die-namics Photo Booth Props down, I continued my fun with card making! This time I added in Die-namics Polaroid Cover Up. What an awesome die! It will be put into my most-used pile for sure! I cut Sweet Tooth cardstock with Die-namics Polaroid Cover Up. The inside square was stamped with Zebra Background in Black Licorice Pigment ink. Pigment ink works so well with the large background images! Just remember it takes a little while to dry. Not that I know about that... :)

The crown from Die-namics Photo Booth Props was cut from Razzle Berry cardstock and foam mounted to the card. I added a few enamel dots for a more girly touch. The sentiment is from Photo Booth. This time I used Black Licorice Hybrid ink. Quick drying and perfect for sentiments. Having those choices in inks is fabulous!

I went girly for the first card, so I thought I better go boy for the second. I cut the glasses, mustache, and bow tie with Die-namics Photo Booth Props. (Check out the colors in the InLinkz list at the bottom of this post for color specifics.) The Kraft cardstock pennant is the new Die-namics Stitched Fishtail Flag STAX.

The background is Persimmon cardstock stamped with the line image from Whimsical Wishes. Using the Persimmon ink to create a cross hatch background worked well and I will do this again!

Head to the MFT Blog to check out all the details about this release! Have you visited the guest designer yet? She is pretty amazing! Get linked up to her blog when you stop over!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Magnetic Photo Booth, available Dec. 2:



Supplies for Happy Birthday card, available Dec. 2:



Supplies for You Did It card, available Dec. 2:

7 comments:

Debbie Nelson said...

Great cards and what a awesome project with the magnets and box....so creative!

Tracey said...

Such creative projects!! That box is so fabulous! I am sure your nephew will love it!

Mary Kay said...

Everything that you have done in today's release countdown is awesome! The magnetic photo booth tin is an adorable idea! So, so fun! I love the cards, as well. You have so many different ideas of things to make other than cards and I so appreciate that!

Lenora said...

Totally awesome projects. I love the picture in the tin box and the photo props! Very creative!

Kathy Krug said...

Love your photos. They will make everyone smile.

Iris said...

How cute - looks like both of you had a good time.
isoscia at aol dot com

Celeste Goff said...

What great cards and I love that sweet tin! What a fun gift!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...