Saturday, November 29, 2014

more fun with the MFT December Release Countdown


Welcome to this month's Release Countdown with My Favorite Things! You will find complete details each day on the MFT Blog, including how you can win prizes and full reveals of featured products.

When I saw Die-namics Candy Train, I thought, hey, I should keep going with the baby theme because how cute would this be on the tables of a baby shower?!?!


To make each train car, I cut Kraft cardstock with Die-namics Candy Train, twice. Each piece makes one side of the car. Then I stamped the sides with Giraffe Background using Kraft Pigment Ink. It honestly got too light once it dried, try using a darker color ink, like Natural in the dye-based version.

The wheels also come in parts, one for the base, one for the spokes, and one for the center of the wheel. I used Kraft and Steel Grey cardstock for my layers. How cute are those?!?!

Each of the train cars were loaded with candy and the darling animals from Wild Things

Each of the animals were cut from Sweet Tooth cardstock with Die-namics Wild Things. Yay for coordinating dies! Then I stamped each animal with Black Licorice Hybrid ink. Color pencils were used to color each animal.

And I should have mentioned you need sunglasses to look at this card! :) The new Replenishment colors have been calling me and I couldn't help but play with them and the new Zebra Background image!

I stamped Zebra Background on Sweet Tooth cardstock using the bright and fabulous Limelight ink. I layered the panel on a piece of Limelight Cardstock that was cut with Die-namics Blueprints 21. The card base is the new Tropical Teal Cardstock. Totally in love with this color combo!

The sentiment, stamped in Tropical Teal Ink, is from Friends Like Us. And with the bright and colorful zebra background, this sentiment was the perfect touch! I stamped it on Sweet Tooth cardstock that was cut with the new Die-namics Stitched Fishtail Flag STAX. In love with those as well!

Soooo much goodness this release! Be sure and head to the MFT Blog and check out all the details, including some pretty great videos about the products!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Baby Candy Train, available Dec. 2:



Supplies for Be Yourself card, available, Dec. 2:

11 comments:

Rachel Izakowicz said...

That train is so adorable. I have LOVED your projects with this release - I will definitely be getting that set!

Debbie Nelson said...

Super cute train and love your card!

Tracey said...

Loving the train! So cute! And your vibrant card is fabulous!

Lenora said...

The train cards are adorable and I love the bright colors!

Celeste Goff said...

How adorable! This would be so much fun at a baby shower or a little boy's birthday party!

Tona said...

How fun is that train?! Your card was great too :)

Jamie said...

Oh so cute! Love these projects!

Judy said...

Your little train is so cute, love your idea. The colors on your card are eye-popping gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us.

Mary Kay said...

This idea is just too cute!!! I will file it in my idea file for future party ideas!!! Love it!

Iris said...

So cute - love the critters.
isoscia at aol dot com

Kathy Krug said...

Love the subtle embossing on your train.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...