Friday, February 22, 2013

project life, my way

Project Life. The brilliant brain child of Becky Higgins. Its fabulous. Really. There are pre-made pockets in plastic page protectors that you can simply slip photos into, along with pre-made journaling cards. Cards all fancy and done. Just add writing. Easy and nice looking. But, I am reading about so many of you stressing out about it. What?! No, no no. That is not what it is all about. I know. I freaked out about it last week. Melt down. Not productive. And then, it all struck me. This is all about the memories. Repeat, its all about the memories!! I always thought that I would never forget all the cute things E has said. Or the funny mannerisms or habits. Or his quirky smile. Toothless grin. But sadly, I am losing those memories. Losing the pictures in my mind. I have to get better at keeping those memories. He is growing up way too quickly. And when I found the Project Life concept, I knew it was for me.

I am doing it my way. To quote a famous singer. :) And I am going to share with you how I am accomplishing it. I am behind. I don’t care. There is a plan to catch up. But I am keeping the memories and with just a few moments of my time, they won’t be lost forever.

The first purchase I made was the Photo Pocket Pages from Becky Higgins. They are available on amazon.com, but soon your local scrapbooking store will be carrying them, as they will be distributed by American Crafts.

Here is an example of one of the designs. There are several styles to purchase. I chose them all. Not being sure. That and they are all very cool, with lots of design potential. I will discuss my purchases in more depth later, as there were many lessons learned along the way.

I did not purchase the album, the journaling cards, or any other Project Life products. For several reasons. One, a three ring binder album is cheaper at my local arts and crafts store with a coupon, and I am fine with a basic binder. (I purchased a WR Memory Keepers 12x2 one in black.) If you are not, and a pretty one makes you happy, then go for it! That’s the best part about this idea. Do what works for you and what makes you and your memory keeping happy! Second, I wanted to be able to express my creativity in a small way by making my own cards. I can use stamps and papers and dies and digital cuts. That was one thing I personally wanted to create. (In a few weeks, we’ll see how that is going :))

I am hoping to encourage you along the way. I will still make layouts, with special photos that need some showing off. Or papers I want to play with. But this daily stuff, the beautiful moments of our everyday, is what matters. I am going to keep writing about my progress and my lessons learned. To share with you, all in the hopes that you will keep your precious memories as well. And keep them in a way that works for you.

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Posts may pop up whenever. In fact, I may try and get the next one up soon. I would love to hear about your Project Life happenings and what is working for you and what is not.

And I am still a card maker. First and foremost. :) I just happened to also be a mom who desperately wants to keep memories. And help you keep yours as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...