Friday, July 24, 2009

sending birthday wishes

sending birthday wishes bow

You know how low my birthday card stash was, so I have been trying to make a point of making birthday cards once a week! :)

This card started with two things sitting on my desk, some new Crate paper I picked up called, Lillian, and a pile of transparencies I had stamped. Printed transparencies seem to be popping up all over the place. I love the look and thought, hey, I have some pretty cool stamps and I could make my own! I stamped the Damasks shown here, wood grain, cross hatched lines, and a few others. I used Palette ink, but it took over night to dry. I might try StazOn next time and see what the dry time is.

The rest of the card is pretty obvious. I am not sure about the bow yet. The pink was the color I wanted. I tried all sorts of ways to use the ribbon, but when I tied the bow, it landed on the card like that, so I went with it! :)

Have a fantastic weekend! We will be bringing the little man to my parents on Sunday because they will be watching him while I am at CHA. I cannot believe CHA is here already! YAY! thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:Stamps-Papertrey Ink (Damask Designs, Vintage Picnic Sentiments), Cardstock-Papertrey Ink (Stamper’s Select White), Patterned paper-Create (Lillian), Ink-Palette (Fresh Snow, Reflection Blue), Ribbon-American Crafts, Brad-Basic Grey (Lemonade), Acetate-Flourishes (Clearly Cardstock), Spellbinders Die Templates-Label Trio

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kim!! Can't wait to see you at CHA - what fun it will be! :)

Betty Wright said...

This is fantastic, Kim!!! Love the colors nad the acetate stamping!!! Lovely card!!!

Connie M. said...

This is just beautiful, Kim!! I just love these colors, and that ribbon...OMGoodness!!

Charlene Austin said...

It's gorgeous (and just so you know I am going to steal your stamped transparency idea!!). I am so excited for you and the CHA trip. Enjoy and take lots of pics! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous card Kim! Have an awesome time at CHA!!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, LOVE the cool ribbon treatment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...