Welcome to another CardMaker Magazine blog team hop! Its that time of year; chilly mornings, Salted Carmel and Pumpkin Spice drinks at Starbucks, soups, and sweaters. It all means fall. And with as hot as summer was, the cooler temperatures will be greatly enjoyed! We are all focusing on leaves, and golden colors. Do you think I followed the rules? Of course not. Sigh. That is how that happy little gold leaf ended up on this card. But, like usual, it’s a happy accident!
The leaves were die cut and embossed from patterned paper using Spellbinders Fall Foliage. The edges were inked. One of the leaves was covered in Crafty Power Tape and then Stampendous! Crushed glass glitter was poured on generously. Gently burnish the glitter into the paper and there you have a very pretty leaf! (I am thinking this look could be perfect for Thanksgiving home and table décor.)
And check out the background. Several leaves from JustRite Stampers Autumn Words were heat embossed with clear embossing powder. It made a beautiful effect and added a lot of depth.
Check out all the fall beauty that awaits:
- CardMaker Magazine Blog
- Anya Schrier
- Carolyn King
- Colleen Schaan
- Glynda Wyatt
- Jennie Harper
- Kimberly Crawford *you are here*
- Trudy Sjolander
A couple of reminders:
- If you receive my blog posts via email, you must click the link in the email to see the supply list and images. (Images which take you directly to the product.)
- If a product is not listed, it means I am not sure where it is currently available. Please email me if you want more information.
- If you sign up to receive this blog in your email and then the emails never show up, please try signing up again. If it does not work, please feel free to email me and I can fix the issue.
- Thanks for being such wonderful followers! You know you are appreciated! :)