Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Avocado Arts Sunshine and Smiles set

Kit 1 LO bug catching

Ooooh! I am so very excited to share with you my first Avocado Arts project!! This layout uses Sunshine and Smiles, which is available for order NOW! You can order it by clicking on Sunshine and Smiles.
When I saw the small bug in Sunshine and Smiles and a jar die template laying on my table, I knew I had the perfect photo to make a layout with! And it doesn’t hurt that the photo was in need of scrapping. :)

Kit 1 LO bug catching CU 1

The open cloud image from the set was stamped onto patterned paper. Then it was trimmed out and mounted to the layout. Still one of my all time favorite techniques.

Kit 1 LO bug catching CU 2

The big image was stamped into the small jar image. I love this stamp because it could be a bee, a bug, a lightening bug…

Kit 1 LO bug catching CU 3

A cute little flying doodle from the set.

Kit 1 LO bug catching CU 4

And, I adore this grass image!! When I stamp large, solid images like this one, I like to use two different colors of ink. On this project, I used a bright green pigment ink all over. Then I added a darker green ink along the bottom before stamping it onto cardstock.

These stamps have a ton of versatility. Its great to see stamps that can make cute cards and also work on layouts! For more inspiration, check out the rest of the team’s work. And we will continue to bring you projects for the rest of the month!!
May 1 - AJ Otto
May 2 - Latisha Yoast
May 3 - Julia Stainton
May 4 - Kimberly Crawford *here today*
May 5 - Becky Oehlers
May 6 &7 - Join us on the Avocado Arts blog for a project re-cap

Its been busy around here. We had my husband’s family at our house for a long weekend. It was a great visit, but it went by too fast! Soccer, T-ball, school, and all the other spring things happening make life crazy. Its great, isn’t it? :)

thanks for stopping by!



Supplies: Stamps-Avocado Arts (Sunshine and Smiles), Patterned paper-October Afternoon (Seaside), My Mind’s Eye (Fine and Dandy; True Blue), Crate Paper (Portrait), Kaiser Craft-Shaken Not Stirred (Daniel), Cardstock-World Win (Treasures; Kraft), Chipboard-Crate Paper (Toy Box Collection), Ink-Clearsnap (Colorbox Chalk; Citrene, Olive, Moss), Ranger (Distressing Ink; Frayed Burlap, Black Soot), Letter stickers-October Afternoon (Mini Market; Black), Spellbinders-Assorted Fresh Fruit

30 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely amazing Kimberly! Love, love, love!

4Ucards said...

Kimberly,
This is one of the best layouts I've seen in awhile. This looks like my son when he was younger. Thank you for the memories.

AJ said...

So very cute! Thanks for sharing.

Tracey said...

I love that you used the set on a layout!!! And what an incredible layout it is! I love it Kimberly!

Tina M said...

what a wonderful layout! I adore dragonflies..how perfect.It looks like your son was havinga great time hunting.. :)
tfs

Kelly said...

so cute. Love the colors of the LO and the clouds are darling!

Michelle Ogdahl said...

This is an AMAZING layout Kimberly! Love it!

Thebug415 said...

Oh what a great LO! I love all the layers.

Jamie said...

Great layout!!

jengd said...

Cute layout! I love that the one layer of patterned paper almost looks like chicken wire. :) Wonderful details like the cut grass and those bug jars are great!

Ashley Newell said...

WOW! This is fabulous! I love it!

Cathy Pulickal said...

What an ADORABLE LO! Love the layers, colors and the way you used the stamps! CUTE cute CUTE. :)

Geny said...

Beautiful layout Kim!!

Tonya said...

Great layout Kimberly!! Cute little bug catcher too!

Tonya said...

Great layout Kimberly!! Cute little bug catcher too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! What a great way to use these stamps--love the LO--the layers and the papers--PERFECT:)

Missy said...

This is a great layout. Great way to show the versatility of the stamp set. TFS!!!

Susan said...

Love the bugs Kimberly! Beautiful photo and layout!

Katie said...

Wow, what an amazing layout! Some of the stamps I did not even pick out, like the bugs in the jars that you mentioned. They look really good! I love the grass and the clouds and how you let them go outside of the design paper. I also love the swirls on the side with the bugs, it really balances everything out.

Thank you for sharing!

Katie B.

Beverly S. said...

Pretty sb page....love how you used the stamp set on it. :) Thanks for sharing!

annemk said...

I absolutely adore your layout...
I had not heard of Avocado Arts before until checking them out from your newsletter post....
Thanks for sharing. I'm just thinking I may need to order a set :)
anne @ rajklaushouse1@att.net

Judy Rozema said...

What a neat layout! Love all the close up pictures~!

Renee M said...

As a mom of 2 boys, we've collected some bugs. In fact we just collected some bugs to feed the lizard we just collected...sigh! Your layout is wonderful--bug in a jar is so cute!

kbowne837 said...

What a lovely layout. I have not gotten daring yet to incorporate stamps and ink into my layouts. One of these days I will.

Thanks again for the inspiration

Karen B.

Kelli Hull said...

OH HOW CUTE!!!! I SO want to scrap book but SUCK at it! LOL I gave up after the "cut your phot's into WEIRD shapes" time.... LOL

Unknown said...

What a fun layout!! Love how you put the bugs in the jar! ;D

sarahw said...

This is super cute!

Latisha said...

I didn't even know there was a jar die!!! WHAAATT mamma needs it now lol. Your layout is freaking awesome!! like awesome-sauce awesome!

Joan V said...

What a cute layout. Love all the detail with the bugs. Thanks for sharing.

JeanneK said...

I totally love making my own die cuts for my pages. I know this set will make me a happy stamper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...