For this card, I made a frame (yep, just a little bit obsessed with them lately :)). I used Spellbinders™ Labels 6, Petite Ovals, and for a twist, I used the Flourish Impressabilities.™
Here is how to add the embossing twist:
- Die cut the Label 6 shape and petite oval. (you can run these through at the same time because cardstock can handle it.)
- Take the magnetic plate with the dies and cardstock off your mat.
- Put the Impressabilities™ down on the mat.
- Place the dies (cutting edge up), with cardstock still in the die, over the Impressabilities™.
- Top with an embossing mat.
- Run through and wow! :)
To bring out the embossing on the frame, I rubbed grey ink over the raised portions. Why grey? Well, the patterned papers were grey-toned and it brought the colors together better.
This is a scheduled post, as I am enjoying CHA in, hopefully, sunny Anaheim, California! :) Can’t wait to show you all the new fabulousness! thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: Patterned paper (Pink Paislee-Amber Road), Cardstock (Papertrey Ink-Rustic White), Butterfly and sentiment die cuts (My Mind’s Eye), Pearls (Hero Arts), Ink (Clearsnap-Colorbox Chalk Grey Whale), Spellbinders (Labels 6, Petite Ovals, Flourish Impressabilities™)
ETA: I have to brag just a little bit; the special issue from Paper Crafts called Stamp It! has hit shelves and I have 12 projects in the issue! Can you believe it? 12!!?! To say that I am smiling would be a huge understatement!! What an honor and a thrill!! So, I guess my smile does say it all!
there is one more AND...leave a comment here telling me what kinds of video tutorials you would like to see and I will pick a winner when I get back and you will get your very own copy of Stamp It!!!