Tuesday, October 13, 2015

stamping on a wood pallet


My love for wood pallets is no secret. So any chance I have to work with one of the wood pallets from Jillibean Soup, I am very excited! Our design team challenge this month was to focus on stamping on our projects. Yay for me! I was curious how the wood pallet would take a stamped image and I was pleasantly surprised!


I applied Happy Hues Witty White paint to my stamp with a foam brush, making sure to cover the surface evenly. I pressed firmly onto the pallet and you can see the results. Obviously, this won't be clean and crisp like ink to paper, but for rustic charm, the results were fantastic!

Once the paint dried, I added a journaling card trimmed from a piece of patterned paper. I distressed the edges with a distressing tool to add to the rustic feel. The flower from Summer Red Raspberry Soup is layered on with foam adhesive. There is something about orange and blue together that makes me happy!


Around the journaling card, I added two large wood veneer butterflies. For the centers, I used new mini clothespins from Alphabet Soup II. 


I am pretty excited at how this 6x6 wood pallet turned out after being stamped upon! I am thinking that I need to find some Christmas supplies and make one for the upcoming holidays!


thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies:


1 comment:

Helen Gullett said...

Wow Kimberly this is beautiful! I have 2 of the 12X12 wood pallete and been working on them but the 6x6 is perfect size for this project! I need to get them 😊 You inspire me to use stamp on wood pallete with paint! Why not making a beautiful mess, right?
Thank you for sharing it!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...