Wednesday, June 10, 2015

using Happy Hues paints on paper and wood


This month at Jillibean Soup, the design team was challenged to use Happy Hues paints on our projects. It wasn't all that hard to do because these new paints from Jillibean Soup are fantastic! They come in 10 fabulous colors! Bright and cheery and truly the perfect pallet of colors! One of the the things I like best about the paints is how well they work for paper. They dry very quickly when applied to paper and cause barely any curling. Keep reading to learn about all the 
fun I had with these!


On this card, paint was applied (with a foam brush) to stamps, just like ink. Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup stamps have open and solid image flowers, making this awesome background possible!


How fun is this? I have to admit that I am not the best when it comes to making backgrounds, something about my type-A perfectionism, but these stamps and paints made me just have fun!

Oh, and check out the butterflies. Those are Summer Red Raspberry Wood Veneers painted. 
Instant custom embellishments with paint!


To not take away from the look of the background, I added a Soup Label from Saffron Yellow Pepper Soup and a small strip of patterned paper.


Because the stamping was so fun, I just kept going! 


I applied paint to my stamps and had fun! It does not require much paint for a good image because the paint spreads out as you press it to your paper. I added a small dot of paint to the center of each flower for more color.


Strips of patterned paper, a sticker, and a couple of butterflies finished this one off easily.


A Mini Placemat (white, die-cut cardstock) was the inspiration for this card. That sunshine just had to be yellow! Once dry, which wasn't very long, it was foam mounted to my card.


I added some painted Summer Red Raspberry Wood Veneers.


And a couple of Soup Label stickers to finish things off. I like layering the Soup Label stickers to add interest. The aqua sentiment sticker was not enough pop. The butterfly sticker behind really added some depth.


And because I cannot get enough of these wood pallets...a home decor piece using the paints.


On this 8x8 Wood Pallet, each of the slats was painted with a different color. I added water to each of the colors, a small amount, to water the color down and create more of a color wash. The wash would allow the wood and the wood grain to show through more than with the solid paint.


The words were cut from cardstock using my Silhouette Cameo and then the negative was used as a stencil to paint through. I love the results! And I love that I can adjust all my cut files to whatever size I need, based on the project. So helpful! And to finish it off, a small painted 
wood veneer star was placed inside one letter of each word. 
Simple, but cute. A great piece to add to any summer decor!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Simply Fabulous card:



Supplies for Hello Butterflies card:



Supplies for Hello Sunshine card:



Supplies for Love Love Laugh wall hanging:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...