Thursday, February 19, 2015

hellos; an MFT Die-namics Design challenge + 2 video tutorials


Words are the foundation of card design. We all love a beautifully crafted design but the sentiment is really what makes a hand-made card special.  Word Die-namics are such a valuable tool as they can be used to create layered die cuts for added dimension, to create peek-a-boo effects, as a mask for different coloring mediums, and so much more. This month, our team is featuring the incredible versatility of word Die-namics

And that is our awesome challenge this month! It was a ton of fun!

This Die-namic has to be one of my all-time favorites, so when the word challenge came up, TRANS-formables Say Hello, was what I was going to use. And still loving the trendy watercolor look, I decided to play around and see what I could create.

I made a watercolor background and once I die cut it, I saw that I had two pieces to use! The positive and the negative! How great that I could get two cards from one background and one pass through my manual die cutting machine!

Creating the watercolor background to die cut words from is incredibly easy! Watch the video tutorial below to see.



Here is the negative image from my first watercolor background. Adhered together, it makes an amazing focal point for a card.

Letting the words shine, I added a few sequins created from Die-namics Sequins and Sweet Tooth cardstock.

For this card, I did a simple watercolor ombre technique to my die cut word. Die-namics Happy Hellos has this fantastic scripted "hello."

I just love the way this word turned out! I cannot wait to use this idea over and over again!

To see how easy it is to create ombre die cut words, check out the video below!


Direct Link: Ombre Die Cut Words

Visit the MFT Blog for all the challenge details. And be sure to visit the rest of the design team today. I was blown away by their stunning creations! So much eye candy!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies for Hello Speech Bubble cards:



Supplies for Ombre Hello card:

2 comments:

Celeste Goff said...

Such gorgeous cards! Thank you for the video tutorial!

Leanne said...

just stunning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...