Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day card

happy valentines day Kimberly Crawford

When I saw the fabulous Happy Valentine’s Day sentiment stamp from Avery Elle, I knew the look I wanted to create on the card. Old school. Something from the 50’s. The papers from Yearbook by Studio Calico matched my vision perfectly.

happy valentines day Kimberly Crawford CU

I started by die cutting a piece of cereal box with Spellbinders Scalloped Hearts. Then I embossed the piece of wood grain patterned paper with the chipboard piece. Then the raised edges were sanded. The sentiment was heat embossed with white ink. A couple of other images were stamped, cut out, and foam mounted to the card.

(For more about the embossing technique click here for the Faux Letterpress Blog Post and for a video tutorial click here Faux Letterpress video.)

I am ready to make all things hearts and love! How about you? Any cute ideas for your valentines this year? How about cute décor? I would love to see or hear about your ideas!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...