Thursday, August 18, 2011

publications

Card Ideas for Paper Crafters
Card Ideas for Paper Crafters is now available for purchase. (This issue used to be called Go-To Sketches.) Its full of sketches and different designers take on those sketches. Its pretty darn inspiring. I keep going through the pages from the front, and then backwards…anyone else do that? Smile

thanks doily
Here is one of my projects included in this issue. I just love that Hero Arts stamp, Circle Lace. Its been heat embossed, cut out, and added to the card.

Supplies: Stamps-Hero Arts (Circle Lace, Type ), Patterned paper-October Afternoon ( Thrift Shop), Clothespins-Canvas Corp (Natural), Twine-The Twinery (Black), Embossing powder-Stampendous (White Detail), Ink-Memento (Tuxedo Black), Versamark (Watermark)

Paper Crafts September/October 2011
And the September/October issue of the regular issues of Paper Crafts just arrived at my house too! This is FULL of clever ideas. Seriously clever!

S O cozy home decor frame
This frame is in that issue. I die cut felt using my Spellbinders die templates and Grand Calibur. To allow the embellishments to stand outside the frame, I removed the glass. (Gotta love cheap frames from Target for projects like this!)

Supplies: Spellbinders (Grand Cailbur, Nested Leaves), Patterned Paper-My Mind’s Eye (Stella and Rose; Hattie), Sticker-My Mind’s Eye, Brads-Nikki Sivils, Buttons (Buttons Galore), Twine-May Arts, Lace-My Mind’s Eye

It never ceases to amaze me to have work in a magazine. Its always an honor to have work chosen and I am thankful for each and every opportunity I have been given! Be on the lookout for some fun activities coming up to celebrate Card Ideas! Paper Crafts Connection and Moxie Fab World always have fun on their blogs!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Don't forget to check out the Blogs 4 Boobies blog hop/cancer fundraiser currently going on. You have the chance to help raise money for the Susan G Koman breast cancer foundation by bidding on cards made by many talented designers. And check out Skipping Stones Design for other ways that you can contribute.

3 comments:

Kalyn said...

I just loved this frame in the issue, Kimberly! So warm and cozy and just plain cute.

Hope and Chances said...

Congrats - adore those butterflies on pegs - really cute, frame is lovely too :)

Geny said...

Great projects Kim, all of your works deserves to be in a magazine:)! Also, I love your new blog banner!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...