Friday, January 8, 2010

my boys

1109 KC lo My Boys

I just have to smile. I love this photo. This was Valentine’s Day back in 2008. We had a nice dinner at home, the three of us. :) I decorated the kitchen all up and we celebrated the love of our family that night. And seeing as we were all dressed up from the day, I had to grab the camera and take some photos.

I an attempt to keep this page somewhat masculine (I have been told my attempt was not all that successful… :)) I used cork pieces to create the background. Using some thin cork and a Scalloped Hearts die from Spellbinders™, I cut out many, many hearts and arranged them in a pattern. Love the look. I did use an Elmer’s Tacky glue to hold the cork down. Doing that on such a large space required me to press it under a heavy book for a day or so, but to me, it was worth the look.

Don’t forget the Spellbinders™ Surprise Party is going on! Check out all the details HERE. thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Spellbinders™ (Classic Scalloped Hearts, Fancy Tags, Label Trio), Patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye), Cardstock (Papertrey Ink Rustic White), Letter stickers (Making Memories), Cork (Creative Impression)

11 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

I love it! So what, if it's not super masculine, as long as it's what you love. And you have much to love about this layout. Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Super, super sweet layout!! I LOVE the cork hearts background...BRILLIANT!! Your little guys looks soooo happy in that pictures!!

I haven't scrapbooked in ages but seeing your scrapbook pages always makes me want to start back up again!!

(((((HUGS))))

lisa808 said...

Precious page.

Laura Davis said...

Adorable! :)
Laura

Daphne said...

Uber Cute! I love the texture of the cork hearts!!

jjcreations said...

This is a fantastic page. I love the cork hearts in the background. Very cool.

Julie Overby said...

This is such a cool design. I love your layout!! And you're right. The photo is just precious!

Unknown said...

So sweet Kim!! Great photo and a wonderful page!! :)

Diana said...

Darling layout Kimberly!

Diana said...

FAB! I have two sons too Kimberly!

Gina said...

I was just admiring this LO in the SB gallery . . . love that you used cork, great idea! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...