Sunday, October 26, 2008

Old McDonald had a farm

Here is my first project using H&M Stamps. This set is called Kiddie Farm. You can tell I have a little boy how loves tractors and singing Old McDonald! This mini book from Maya Road doesn't have all the words, but enough to get him singing on his own.
On a side note, these stamps are clear acrylic and fantastic! Seriously nice stamps. Soft, solid, and a great stamped image. I have never used Heather's stamps before and I would recommend them!!

I stamped each of the animals on felt, to give them a soft and more dimensional feel. I use felt I buy at Michael's and Memories (dye-based) Black ink. It can smudge, so let it dry for a little but before handling. I forgot to pick up pink felt, so I colored it with my Copic markers and it worked perfectly!




The rest of the pieces were all stamped onto patterned paper and pieced together. I started cutting out the apples by hand, but realized quickly that a standard hole punch would be much easier. :) I did color the tractor on the cover with Copics, too much detail to piece there! :) thanks for stopping by! oh, and no snow, yet.
Supplies:
Stamps-H&M (Kiddie Farm)
Album-Maya Road
Patterned paper-Dotted (Bo Bunny), Plaids (Scenic Route)
Cardstock-Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink)
Ink-Tuxedo Black (Memento), Black (Memories)

17 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Very cute, Kim! I love the felt animals!

Heather said...

Kim, OMGoodness is this just a masterpiece or what! You have done an amazing job with this project! I need to case me one of these! LOL...Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Oh Kim, this is simply adorable! I love every single page! So colorful and cute. Hmmmm.....my grands would LOVE to have one of those! :-)

Neva said...

Kimberly this is just delightfully gorgeous, Love it. What a wonderful creation. This is the 1st thing Shannon thought of when she saw this set.

Amanda said...

This is absolutely precious! You are so very talented!

Alicia Weiman said...

Love your book....it's too cute. What a neat idea to stamp on felt too! My daughter would love this too. She's really into books right now and thankfully our house is full of them.

Julia Aston said...

This book is just SO fun Kimberly! I LOVE it! super job on this wonderful project!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim - this is fabulous! Those textures and colors are wonderful for little ones.

Debbie Corbari said...

Kim this is absolutely INCREDIBLE! Holy COW! (get it? ...LOL!) I am so CASEing this to give to my nephews for Christmas...what a great idea...stamping on felt!

Regan said...

oh my CUTENESS, Kim this is awesome!!

Frogs-n-Butterflies said...

Super, duper cute, Kim! I so love this! You're a rock star!

Niki Estes said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. :) Hope you had a good weekend!

Carolyn King said...

super clever. Love your adorable book!

Adrienne said...

This is awesome! Love it!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how stinkin' ADORABLE!

Terri said...

That is really cute. You did a great job on it.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Oh my word, how absolutely cute is this!? I just love your creativity, Kim!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...