Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Little Snowflake

So many things to love about this layout-the pp from Jen Wilson at My Mind's Eye, the chipboard, the glitter, the cute little man. :)
The chipboard is from Magistical Memories. I layered an open snowflake and a closed snowflake. The back snowflake I painted blue and the top one I painted a cream color and added glitter. The felt is obviously from Queen & Co. I added glittered buttons from Dress It Up to the holes in the pattern. Brown rub ons from Cosmo Cricket were a last addition, but they were a nice touch. The frame and poem were done in PSE 5.0 and printed onto Bazzill cardstock.
The best part about this lo, for me, is the poem. You cannot really read it, so here it is:

"Uniquely Individual"
It doesn't surprise me
watching large flakes of snow
drift by my window,
each uniquely, undeniably its own
in featherweight and flawless form,
and leisured lift and fall
of movement,
to know,
that no child
thrusts the same imprint on life,
that each one soars or drifts
at his own gait
impelled by genes
long past patterned
and set.
Nor is it a matter of wonder
that in each snowflake
in incomparable beauty
and design
and workmanship;
For in each child
I see awesome promise,
sometimes strange strengths
and always
a uniquely
individual beauty.
Mabel Jones Gabbott, Ensign, Mar. 1974

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Wow! I love your DS's photo in the snowflake and the beautiful poem! It is one I would like to use sometime soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...