Saturday, July 20, 2013

watercolor techniques with Gelatos

fun with gelatos
Welcome to day three of ideas and video tutorials using Gelatos from Faber-Castell/Design Memory Craft!

watercolor background with Gelatos by Kimberly Crawford
Here is a look at a card I created with one of the three techniques shown in the video. A watercolor background that has been stamped and heat embossed with gold powder. I love this look. Who knew *I* could be “artsy!?!” Its easy and you can be too!

watercolor techniques

Direct link: Watercolor Techniques with Gelatos

Be sure and leave comments on each blog post, as I am going to put all the names into the proverbial hat and draw a winner! I have a set of Metallic and Yellow Gelatos for a lucky reader, along with a few other fun surprises! I will announce the winner on Thursday, July 24.

If you have missed any of the tutorials, here is a list of what has been covered already.
thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

27 comments:

Rox-Ann said...

Awesome tutorial for backgrounds I love them great job!

Leesa B said...

Love your video series and you teach it so that it seems so easy. I cannot wait to try some gelatos! Thank you!

Laura said...

I am becoming more and more convinced that I need to try Gelatos!
Laura Holt

Lindsay said...

So fun! I love the different looks you can get with these! I see a trip to the craft store in my future!

Unknown said...

So pretty, and the technique looks pretty easy, too! Thanks for the lesson.

Sue McRae said...

What a great way to make a quick "artistic" card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card and great technique. I love the softness of the watercolor background.

reen said...

Very pretty backgrounds. I like the really faded one best, looks so soft.

Lisa Arana said...

so pretty, love the gold over the top.

cjgusloff57 said...

Great card and great video. This technique turns out so pretty and different each time. Looks like it is fun to do too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card, Miss Lady!! :)

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love these fun techniques!

Lucy E. said...

This was another great tutorial. I am learning so much with these videos :-)

Carol said...

Thanks for the technique video!

Carol B
ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

Angela Fehr said...

Okay, you've got me convinced. Will sit down and try some gelato watercolouring SOON! This is gorgeous.

Kavitha Vadhri said...

great backgrounds and so tempting to buy one.

Sue Kosec said...

WOW - the drawing will be held on July 24, which is my birthday eve. Wouldn't THAT be a perfect birthday gift. Thanks for the tutorial and all the great inspiration.

Janis said...

I am fascinated with all the things you can do with these wonderful Gelatos. Every single project is just brought to brilliantly beautiful life with the lovely colors!!
<3 J

Amy Kolling said...

Seriously......your card is amazing......as are these gelatos!!! I wasn't very familiar with them until YOU!!! :)

Unknown said...

Artsy indeed....always...and amazing and awesome :-). sUSAn

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

I keep thinking I don't need the gelatos, but you change my mind!

Paige Dolecki said...

Fabulous ! Love the background you created!

Shaughn Woodruff said...

Thank you! It's great that you are doing these tutorials! I've been p,aging around with the few that I have and haven't been real successful! Thanks so much!

Kailash said...

Fabulous card, thanks for sharing the ideas on using gelatos!!

joy said...

Love this technique! The card you made is awesome - very artsy!

Sue D said...

Great watercolor background techniques and thanks for the tips on watercolor paper.
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Giovana said...

This is a fantastic technique!! Thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...