Wednesday, November 14, 2012

CardMaker Blog Team Hop: Holiday Yummies

treat holder and card

Is anyone else playing Christmas music yet? Watching Christmas movies? I know I have been! Today’s blog hop will get you in the mood to get crafty for treat giving because we are all sharing treat holders and coordinating cards.

treat holder TREAT

This project started off with all the extra Boy Scout popcorn tins we have laying all around the house... Hating to throw them out, I decided to spray paint them. I started with a couple coats of white primer spray paint. Then I added several coats of red. SEVERAL. It was worth it, the color is awesome!

treat holder TREAT CU1

Burlap trim was adhered around the tin with Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Crafty Power Tape. Three strips were placed onto the trim.

TIP: If you have a hard time getting the backing off the Crafty Power Tape, simply scratch your finger nail over the end (where you want to pull the backing up). It should pull off easily.

The mini chalkboard (swoon! obsession! along with the burlap trim…) was stamped with a sentiment in white ink. The sentiment is from the Jingle All the Way set by Ali Edwards from Technique Tuesday.

The pine branch was die cut from green patterned paper using Spellbinders Fall Foliage set.

treat holder TREAT CU2

On the top of the canister, I placed two jingle bells, which were tied together with trim from Paper Source. A couple more branches were added. To adhere it all, I used 3D Dodz.

treat holder CARD

The card is a mini, only measuring 3.75 x 3.75.” The patterned paper is from Studio Calico, the sentiment from the same Technique Tuesday set, and the die cut is from Spellbinders Die D-Lites.

Ok, so that was a ton of explanation, but the entire project took less than a half an hour to create. (Not counting the spray painting.) Quick and easy, which is my motto. And it’s a beautiful way to present any treat you make this season. Here’s to extra special and meaningful gift giving!

Be sure and see what the rest of the team has for you today!
thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly


Gratitude: For friends. For wonderful, supportive, listening, caring, make you laugh when you need it most friends. I am very blessed with several of these friends in my life. Two online friends I only get to see every once in a while and one dear friend here. They mean the world to me, even if I forget to tell them. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!
Don’t forget, if you would like, join in the month of gratitude. Leave a gratitude in the comments of each blog post this month and I will draw a name and send a nice prize package to a reader, or maybe even two!

17 comments:

Brooke said...

I love this set! The tin is so pretty-the chalkboard is the perfect touch! Love that you chose to do a mini card with this!

Maria said...

love the creation thanks for sharing

Ava Gavloski said...

thanks so much for the inspirational upcycling ideal. Adding to my bucket list, since i have a can that needs to be upcycled.
ava g

Angela Fehr said...

These are super cute! I need that die!
I'm grateful for friends too, even though my besties keep moving away, I have more heart-to-heart friend than any girl deserves.

Jennifer K said...

Aha! So that's what I can do with all these blessed popcorn tins...

Colleen Schaan said...

Love the tin... and that mini-chalkboard! WOW.... great holiday treat idea!

Carolyn King said...

love all the texture in this fabulous gift! The chalkboard is awesome and i love the spray painted container! Looks fantastic!

Judy Inukai said...

Great project. I have several larger popcorn tins - I've been trying to figure out something to do with them. I'll try spray painting and maybe use them for wastebaskets.
Today I'm grateful for my husband who keeps me sane when I go crazy and does so much for me while I'm at work.

gRiSeL™ said...

Wow, absolutely beauty!!! Thanks for showing us how to make such a beautiful decor on a tin can! And the mini card is just SO adorable!!! :D

Sabrina said...

What a great way to recycle and it's absolutely beautiful!


Sabrina

craftymom205 said...

Great project. I am grateful that my daughter and I have connected again after two years of being apart.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Rebecca Ednie said...

I'm grateful for my new family doctor. She is reasonable, really seems to care about me and has nice staff. I'm also grateful for medications. I have a similar issue, lupus, and I'd probably be dead without them.

Glenda J said...

Love, love, love this! That bright red tin is amazing (worth the paint!). The mini chalkboard - I am swooning!

Patti J said...

Lol... yes and yes! Have had the Christmas CD's playing, and the Hallmark channel's movies running for the last week or so. What can I say? I puffy-heart Christmas! Your project is fabulous! I love the wee chalkboard, and what a great idea. Thanks for sharing!

Sherry Butcher said...

Nive set, I can see using this idea year round. TFS.

Jennie said...

Love this Kimberly! Perfect little accessorized tin and coordinating card....The little die is so pretty and just received a couple of those in the mail :) They are going to be quite addictive I think and thrilled to see Spellbinders offering those!!!

Diane said...

What a wonderful project, and a recycle as well...love it...that red is awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...