Today I am going to share step-by-step instructions about how I made this card, using new the products from Faber Castell Design Memory Craft.
To make the flower:
1.Color white cardstock using Color Gelatos Blue/Green set. (using only the blues)
2. Mist the cardstock with water and spread the color around with a paper towel.
3. Die cut 4 flower pieces from your cardstock.
4. Because the paper is wet, you can shape it easily.
5. Secure the layers together with a decorative brad.
For the sentiment:
- Die cut a rectangle from white cardstock.
- Color the stamp with a dark blue Color Gelato.
- Spritz very lightly with water.
- Keep in mind that this will not be crisp like ink, but its pretty impressive, as you can see below.
- Color your cardstock with all four colors from the Color Gelatos Blue/Green collection.
- Using a Stamper’s Big Brush Pen (from the Mixed Media Sampler), color the stamp from the Color Gelatos kit. The pens contain India ink,
- Stamp onto the background.
- Color the stamp and repeat until you have your background covered.
- Die cut with leaves shape.
- Rub the surface of the leaves with a Metallic Gelato (from the Mixed Media Sampler) Look at that beautiful shine!! I rubbed it on very gently, as to not change the color underneath.
I hope that gives you some more ideas of how to use these great mediums! If this has you completely fascinated, I highly recommend visiting Jill Foster’s blog for amazing inspiration, she creates gorgeous projects and is on their design team.
thanks for stopping by!
Supplies: Faber Castell (Color Gelatos Blue/Green, Mixed Media Sampler Blue), Spellbinders (Rose Creations, Foliage, Rectangles Large), Stamps-Hero Arts (Made with Love), Patterned paper-Crate (Emma’s Shoppe)