Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12 Trendy Days of Christmas Day Ten: Doilies

Print

As always, there is beautiful inspiration today!

Doily gift bag Etsy Doily ornaments

Photos from Etsy

Doily Snowflake

I love the latest rage of doilies. Soft, girlie, vintage, and shabby. Perfect for any Christmas project. For my card today, I grabbed the stamp, Circle Lace, from Hero Arts. I stamped the image twice and then applied a special mix of embossing powder and glitter. (Take an empty container and mix some glitter into your embossing powder. Highly technical. Hahahaha!:))

Doily Snowflake CU

Here is a close up view of the stamped image.

Do you love doilies? Are you talented and can make your own (jealous!)? How would you use them on a Christmas project? I would love to see what you have been creating! Leave a link in the comments and show how you have been inspired by this series! thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps-Hero Arts (Circle Lace, Get Merry), Patterned paper-Cosmo Cricket (Mitten Weather 6x6), Ink-Ranger (Distressing-Pumice Stone), Tsukineko (Versamark Watermark), Embossing Powder-Stampendous (White Detail), Gems-Hero Arts (Hero Hues Sea Mixed Accents), Brad-My Mind’s Eye, Spellbinders-Create a Flake Two

In case you have been missing out:

8 comments:

cowboydutrem said...

I absolutely love this card! Simple colors and very elegant!

Amanda L. said...

I love doilies.....just don't use them very often since my layout subjects are usually boys.....would love to be able to make my own as well!

Bonita Rose said...

wonderful projects.. wow!

Rachel Joy said...

Here is mine:

http://thisscraptasticlife.blogspot.com/2010/12/12-trendy-days-of-christmas-day-ten.html

Absolutely gorgeous sample! I love all the layers!

Angela Fehr said...

Kim, I just wanted to tell you how much I've loved every day of this hop so far - I've only had time to look at your blog, and I haven't had time to make any projects but everything you've shown so far is so inspiring and beautiful! Thanks!

Deborah March said...

BEAUTIFUL card!! O to see the rest of your trendy days!

farmhouse-story said...

such a lovely card, kimberly! love the doilies with the snowflakes:)

Becky Dunham said...

I love doilies! Quite ingenious of you to make your own! I am trying to carve out some time to make some projects with all this inspiration you have given us this week but so far have been unsuccessful :( But I still enjoy reading and oohing and ahhing. Thanks for sharing1

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...