Thursday, December 9, 2010

12 Trendy Days of Christmas Day Eleven: Trims

Print

The fabulous Teri Anderson is playing along today. You won't want to miss it! And so is Tobi Crawford. It is also a must-see!!

Trim Etsy

Trim stocking

Photos from Etsy

Trims Special Wishes

Today is about trims. And maybe not just trims, but borders, and ribbon, and lace, and just plain old adding texture. For this card, I grabbed two sets of trim I had from My Mind’s Eye and their Portobello Road line. The tissue paper is stitched to the trim. The glittered ribbon is another trim, and the blue, shaped twine is yet another. I think they work so well together. It fun to pile them on and be girly.

Tomorrow is the last day of the series. Can you believe it? Have you been inspired? If you have, share your project by leaving a link in the comments! I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing the ones you have already shared-thanks! thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps-Hero Arts (Get Merry, Holiday Sayings (snowflake), Patterned paper-Basic Grey (Jovial 6x6), Trims-My Mind’s Eye (Portobello Road), Ink-Ranger (Distressing-Broken China)

In case you have been missing out:

4 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Love how the tissue paper looks sewn on, very cute!

farmhouse-story said...

i just love that ruffled trim on your sweet card! tfs!

Becky Dunham said...

I love trim - this might be my favorite of the 12 things so far! I especially love vintage lace! This card is just beautiful! I love the texture - even the paper adds texture. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Amanda L. said...

Love your use of trims here....so vintage and shabby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...