Monday, March 30, 2009

Just Rite Week! Home Wall Hanging

We are celebrating the new releases from Just Rite this week at Stamper's Dream! All week the team will be bringing you projects using all the newest stamps.I am in love with quotes and wall hangings. I adore the look of the signs you can buy in boutiques, but with Just Rite stamps, you can make your own! I have a giant binder full of quotes and now it is coming in handy. My sister and her husband are starting to look for their first house and this is going to be a perfect little house-warming gift for them.

I started by removing the glass from an IKEA wood frame. I mixed the paints to achieve the color brown I wanted. I chose a dark brown to work with patterned papers from My Mind's Eye I had put together. You can use any acrylic paint. Give it a little time to dry. For this project, I chose not to paint the back and insides, but it is all personal preference.

While waiting for the paint to dry, I grabbed a darling little tree and bird shape chipboard pieces from Maya Road. Wanting them to be colored, but not painted, I used an ink pad. I pushed the ink pad directly onto the chipboard until I got the amount of color I desired.

To spell out the word home, I used the Harmony Rectangle wood mount (large) and the 95 point Brayton font. I stamped the word in chalk ink so it would be soft and lighter that the rest of the wording. The image looks incomplete, but the texture of the paper caused it and it was the look I wanted to achieve. The paper is actually the back of one of the patterned papers. It has faded words typed on it, you can click for a closer look. It was cut from the paper with a Long Rectangle Spellbinders Die Template.

To write the rest of the sentiment, I used a dye-based ink in a dark shade of brown. I wanted it to stand out from the word home. The font is the new Times New Roman 25 point set. I mounted the letters on the same large rectangle mount. It helped me space the letters around the word home.

The edge of the frame needed a little extra something, so I stamped a paisley image and watermark ink. Once the ink dried, I sprayed the frame only, with Krylon clear, matte, waterproof spray paint, to set and protect the paint and ink.
I then placed the sentiments, papers, punched heart inside the frame. The tree and bird where glued to the outside of the frame.
There you have it. I hope I have inpired you to get creative with the Just Rite letters and to make some very special personalized gifts.
Check out what Michelle has created today!
thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Patterned paper-My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane Freebird)
Chipboard-Maya Road
Ink-Versamark (Watermark), Colorbox Chalk (Creamy Brown), Palette (Dark Chocolate, Giverny Green, Reflections Blue)
Frame-IKEA
Paint-Making Memories
Tools-Spellbinders Die Templates (Long Rectangles Small), Heart Punch Medium (EK Success)

BTW-The weekend was a blast. The UMD Bulldogs ended up losing the game to get into the Frozen Four, but they had a fantastic season with an amazing end, so we are proud. We did some shopping and I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, no wonder I was not feeling well! :) I also got to eat at a favorite restaurant and spend some quality time with my husband, while DS spent quality time with grandpa and grandma. It was nice to have another little adventure! Hope your weekend was wonderful too! :) (((HUGS))

26 comments:

Tracey said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kim! Thanks for sharing!! xx

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome!!....love the look of that word *home* in chalk so it's behind the rest of the sentiment. Great tutorial to boot!

Mothermark said...

What a wonderful project and post Kim! Its awesome. I love how you did the wording. Everything is awesome and what a good job you did showing us how you did it! It rocks!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

This is beautiful love all the little touches you added.

Unknown said...

Kimberly, you have totally outdone yourself on this project! Fabulous use of the JustRite stamps, gorgeous work on the frame, and I love, love, LOVE the Maya Road bird in the tree. Totally AWESOME, my friend! :-)

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful project Kimberly! love that stamped frame and the over stamping on the sentiment - very nice!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Kimberly, this is gorgeous! You have given me a GREAT idea. . .of course, you always inspire me! :)

Alli Miles said...

So very cool my friend!

Debbie Olson said...

Kim, this is just beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Absolutely CHARMING!! Love this sweet wall hanging Kim! The chipboard pieces are fantastic as is your frame decorating! Fabulous use of the JustRite Font too!

Unknown said...

Very Sweet... but of course, it's a Kimmie project!!! What else would it be?

Abegaile Valencia said...

That's such a sweet project! It would be a perfect gift for a new neighbor or for friends who have just bought a new home! Love it!

Jenny said...

WOW! That you for sharing!! i really like it!!

Deanna A. said...

This is a perfect little housewarming gift....LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing your great tutortial.

Linda w said...

What a gorgeous project Kim. I love the words you chose to use.

thanks much

Danka Doo said...

Thank you for great tutuorial. What a wonderful gift. I would have never thought of creating a wonderful wall hanging such as this but I will now!!

Amy Sheffer said...

This is fantastic, Kim! Love how you overlapped the smaller text onto the larger text. Looks awesome that way! The chipboard looks very cool, too!

Silke Ledlow said...

What a wonderful creation - Kimberly - it's just gorgeous!!!

Diana said...

WOW, this is really fun! Great job!

Melissa Bickford said...

Kim, your HOME sign is gorgeous! Love, love, love it!! What a beautiful house warming gift for your sister and brother-in-laws new home!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Hi Kim! Great job! Your sister is sure to love it!! :) Hugs!

Heidi said...

this is awesome, love the 3d effect.

Horsebroad said...

Love the Harmony stamp!

Kacey Elliott said...

WOW - this is fabulous! I kept going back to catch all the details, love it!

Carolyn King said...

FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome tutorial and congrats on being featured on Card of the Week!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...