Thursday, January 24, 2019

thank you! and life

a sunset at our house this past summer

Well, you all know how to make a girl feel good about herself! Thank you so much for your sweet comments, messages, emails, and more about moving on to the next chapter! Your support and kindness mean more than you will know. My heart is happy with my decision and each day that goes by I know that God was leading me this way. There is a plan for Him to use me in some way. While the waiting is tough, I look forward to the day when I can look back and say, wow! So THAT'S what Your plan was. I have experienced His goodness this way many times in my life. The seasons He places us in are often sweeter than we can ever imagine. Knowing that He holds me and my future, I can rest in this season of questions, knowing that good things are ahead.

How about some life updates? I know I am terrible about sharing those...and many of you talked about watching our son grow up.
He's not taller than me yet...give him another month!

Life truly is busy around here! With my son about to turn 13! 13!! Ack! He is keeping us busy. Middle school has been one amazing experience for him. I am constantly grateful for the school district he attends. From the teachers, to the administration, to the staff, everyone is focused on the kiddos and helping them find their own unique place in the world. Ethan is involved in Band (first chair tuba), Jazz Band (bass Guitar), Band Club, Math Counts (he made the competition team as a 7th grader!), he won the school National Geography Bee last week, so he will attempt to make the state competition soon, and he enjoys other clubs too-Magic The Gathering (a card game), and Dungeons and Dragons. Oh, did I mention he is also swimming for his middle school, along with continuing to swim USA swim!? I need a nap just reading all of that. But he is SO happy. Thriving and growing and making us so proud.

We are in Minnesota often as well, visiting our families. My nephew is now 6 and being a sweet and silly 1st grader (makes me miss teaching that grade something fierce) and my husband's nephew turned one right before Christmas. Let's just say that Christmas was an absolute blast with him running around and getting into everything! I find it hilarious after growing up with a sister, to be surrounded by boys. But once again, even when I couldn't understand, all my experiences in life have prepped me to be a great boy mom and aunt!! And to be able to listen to and help out my sister and sister-in-law, when they need advice. Or someone who gets it! :D

My husband is always busy with his job, designing avionics and electrical systems for airliners. He also officiates USA swim meets and runs the technical side of the meets for the high school girls and boys teams. It was incredibly difficult to move here for his job, but I am thankful for it, because this job allows him and encourages him to be involved with the community and focus his time on his family. We would not have this life had we stayed. And this is the life we dreamed of having. Focusing on our little family and spending our years together. Again, how the bitter can become the sweet.

For me, I will once again be joining the We R Memory Keepers design team for the year. They are an innovative company run by wonderful people. I look forward to sharing some of their latest and greatest tools with you again! Just wait! On one other fun note, I am doing some guest designing for Silhouette at the beginning of the year. Stay tuned for those posts coming your way soon!

Thank you again for your support. Your sweet words bolstered my spirit so. Hugs to each of you.

Sincerely Yours,




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...