Wednesday, August 24, 2016

MFT Stamps WSC 295; Monster Love



Its time for a Wednesday Sketch Challenge! I love sketches, as they make card making so quick and easy! Its fun to grab your favorite images and create a handmade card without agonizing over where to put each item!

I used  the new set, Monster Love, to create this fun card. I know this will be a fun one to slip into my son's school or swim bag. He still loves monster tickles, but don't tell him I told you. :D

To create the fun colors on the monsters, I started by stamping a solid color of ink. Then, using an ink close in color, I added the ink around the outside edges. A Mini Ink Blending Tool made it easy to apply the ink to the edges. I tapped the foam pad into the ink and then along the edge of the stamp. The foam pad needed more ink about 3 times around each stamp. Plus, the foam applicator kept my ink pads from getting color contaminated. A few dots were added with Distress Markers for more texture. Quick, easy, cute, and ready to send!

Oh, and my orange "enamel dots" were created by applying Nuvo Crystal Drops to a piece of waxed paper and letting it dry. Custom enamel dots! Yay!

Visit the MFT Stamps Card Challenges Blog for some brilliant cards made with this sketch, and for links to all the previous sketches! Such a handy reference!!

thanks for stopping by!

kimberly

Supplies:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...