Wednesday, January 1, 2014

MFT January Release Countdown Day 6




Welcome to this month's Release Countdown with My Favorite Things! You will find complete countdown details each day on the MFT Blog, including how you can win prizes and full reveals of featured products.


This card started with the newest red rubber background stamp, Patterned Triangles Background. The background stamps are fantastic! Red rubber, 6x6," and very trendy! The best part about the background images is the possibilities. Make your own patterned paper, backgrounds, stamp on cards, layouts, and on and on. This set will be living on my desk!

Keeping with the watercolor trend, I stamped the Patterned Triangles Background with watermark ink. Tehn heat set it with white embossing powder. I pressed several ink pads (listed at the bottom of this post) into my craft mat and spritzed them with water. Using a large paintbrush, I applied the various colors all over my stamped background. To remove the excess ink and water, I simply placed a clean paper towel over the top and gently wiped away the extras.


Gold is another trend I am in love with and I added the look to my card by die cutting the hearts from Staggered Heart Border Die-namics. Love these perfect little hearts!


Not wanting to take away from my background, I stamped the sentiment on a strip of vellum. To adhere the strip, I simply bent it around the edges of the cardstock panel and secured it on the reverse.


And a look at the inside. Simple, but ties the whole card together. I stamped a Mona Pendelton Designs Distressed Hearts image in Spearmint ink. Very cool new set alert! Once it dried (with a little help from my heat tool), I stamped the sentiment with watermark ink. Then heat set it with gold embossing powder. Another little gold heart was adhered next to it.

Remember, the MFT Blog has all the details! Details you really need to check out! Oooh, this is so much fun!!

See you again tomorrow! thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

 New release products are linked, but will not be available until Jan7.



30 comments:

Gypsy 2 said...

Beautiful back ground Kimberly!Love your colours.

joy said...

lovely card - the gold is so pretty against the soft colors!

Diane said...

Simply beautiful!!!

Gayatri said...

wow! Not only do I love the colourful background, I also love the pop of gold hearts:)

Heather Rogers said...

This is so pretty! Love the pastel watercolor look of your background. Beautiful work...great addition to the team.

I live in IA too, just outside of Des Moines. :)

Denise Evans said...

This is stunning! Just gorgeous!

Kristie W. said...

Your card is awesome!! I love, love, love what you did with the background stamp!

Unknown said...

OK first off, GREAT colors! But I love, love, love your pops of gold hearts, they look FANTASTIC! Nicely done!

Aimes said...

So pretty and on trend! LOVE! :)

Janeen said...

DELIGHTFUL! love the gold. i haven't used gold in forever!!

Sue McRae said...

Love the pretty colours and the fun gold hearts!

Michelle K said...

WOW...absolutely beautiful.

Colleen said...

Lovely card, love the colors too.

lisa808 said...

Fab background.

P@trici@ said...

Lovely card!

Sarah G said...

Love the watercolour background and gold hearts! That background stamp is a must have :)

Nora Noll said...

Your background is STUNNING!! I love the watercoloring and the gold!!

Shona Chambers said...

Stunning card and just love the colours you used. Hadn't really thought of Gold paper before but recently discovered Chickaniddy Crafts and they are releasing Gold and Silver paper, looks amazing!!

slbt17 said...

very pretty! great colors!
Sandra ltb

Tracey said...

Loving how you did the triangle background!! Fantastic card!!

Golda said...

I absolutely love the look of your card with the fun colors and gold die cuts.

robinann17 said...

Love your color choices on the background stamp! And the gold hearts really stand out on this card - it's truly a beauty! Outstanding! Robin

Kimberly S. said...

WOW!! LOVE how you did the background!! VERY pretty!! And those gold hearts...VERY nice!! Love the gold embossed on the vellum!

loulou said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love, love, love that background with the white embossing over it - stunning!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so fabulous, what a great original design! It's so beautiful. I am definetly going to try this one!

Nancy said...

Wow! Love the gold hearts!

Janine said...

Gorgeous

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! This is Gorgeous, I am so impressed with this stamp and the addition of water colors!

Tammy H said...

Very interesting card. So colorful and soft. I tend to lean away from gold tones but I am really warming up to it with this release and the design teams use of it. Thanks for the nudge in that direction.

JessicaK said...

Oh great card, especially the gold hearts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...