Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Paper Crafting Tips and Tricks

The latest special issue from Paper Crafts Magazine will very shortly be available. Paper Crafting Tips and Tricks  is stunning!! It inspired me to get into my office and start creating! The issue is all about the how-to. One section is about how to stamp with objects around your house, other topics include embossing, stamping with sentiments, using twine, (there are many, many more ideas) and then there is my section, Cork, Burlap, and Canvas. I am very, very proud of the projects I created for this issue and to see it in real life is a thrill!

(if you are looking to purchase the issue, click the title of the magazine, just above, trust me, you need this one:))

And what’s an even bigger thrill is to see your projects all featured on the Moxie Fab World as one of their challenges!! And to have Cath Edvalson say the nicest things about you…coming from one of the nicest and most genuine people you will ever meet!

The challenge is to create a project using one of the items I share over on the Moxie Fab World blog. You have until November 19 to upload your project to a Flickr group. All the details and deadlines can be found at the post HERE.

This is one of my projects that incorporates the technique of rolling a piece of canvas to create a flower. Start by cutting a circle from canvas. Cut a spiral towards the center, leaving a small circle, for the base, at the inside. Start rolling from the outside. You can make the flowers tight and small, or roll them looser. You can see the pearl-centered flowers were rolled tightly and the brad-centered flower was loose.

I hope you take the challenge and try something new! Be sure and visit the Moxie Fab World blog all week for more gorgeous inspiration, ideas, and challenges!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

The personal stuff: When I was making these projects, I was in the middle of pain and the confusion of not knowing what was happening to me. Then my diagnosis arrived as I was finishing them off. At that point, I didn’t even know if I would be able to continue to paper craft. I was worried it was my last hurrah. These projects mean the world to me and I truly am very proud of them. And maybe a bit proud of myself for pushing through and accomplishing a difficult task. I am a happy girl today!

5 comments:

Rox-Ann said...

Congratulations! Your projects are beautiful I enjoyed looking at them at Moxie today and know how thrilled you must be. I am so proud of you knowing what you have gone through the last few months and still you plunge forward creating beauty. Again congrats and I am off to buy the magazine.

Angela Fehr said...

I was proud of you when I saw your card at Moxie Fab World today. It's lovely. And hearing the meaning for you personally makes it even more significant. So glad for you!

lisa808 said...

Beautiful card! Using canvas for the flowers is a brilliant idea.

Mary Friederichsen said...

Kimberly these are beautiful! Congratulations on being in the magazine and for being able to complete these beautiful projects! I know what it is like to be in pain while you are trying to create,or blog or complete any task , it is frustrating and takes all of your concentration and will! I have something called RSD or CRPS.....well that isn't important but what is is that you where able to be the"boss" at that time and beat it! :) now you know what is going on and there is power in the knowledge!, take care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers for pain free and less pain days so that you can continue to create beauty all around you! Hugs!

Judy Inukai said...

Congrats on getting published. I will be on the lookout for Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks. Just picked up CardMaker and saw the great article about you, too. Your talent is amazing and to know that you keep creating inspite of your pain - wow! So many people would just quit. Thanks for the great inspiration.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...