Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fairy Box and Tutorial

I wanted to make a box with lids made from the Labels 1 dies from Spellbinders. I had this darling little Fairy Tales set of stamps and knew that a little girl's box to save her dreams and wishes was the perfect use!
The little mushrooms in the set are sweet. There are 3 sizes. I stamped them each twice. Once in a soft sage and once in a creamy brown. Then I cut them apart and adhered the green top to the brown bottom. Some Stickles were added for that girly glitter.
The little fairy comes separate from her wings, giving you a lot of creative flexibility. I stamped her wings on vellum with Watermark ink. When the ink was wet, I coated it with glitter. When I cut the wings out, I left excess on the side I was going to adhere, that way, I could bend up with wings. The fairy and her wand were also stamped on vellum, and they were glittered too. :)
Here is what the base and lid looked like before they were decorated. I will be using this again. (apologizing now :))
The box was very easy to make. Below is the template I drew based on my box:
Supplies:
Stamps-H&M Stamps (Fairy Tales)
Patterned paper-Webster's Pages
Ink-Watermark, Colorbox Chalk (Sage, Creamy Brown, Dark Brown, Lavendar)
Glitter-Stampendous (Snow)
thanks for stopping by!!

8 comments:

Tracey said...

Love this fairy box! So pretty!

Beth M said...

This is adorable! Thanks for sharing the directions.

Could you make it warm up a little?! 12 was just a bit too cold this morning.

Heather said...

This is absolutely super fantasticly fun!

Amanda said...

Gorgeous box~thanks for the instructions!

Unknown said...

Very neat Kim!!! What a great little box! :)

Julia Aston said...

Very cute box Kim! I love the mushrooms on the sides and your fairy wings!

Rebecca said...

This is darling! Such a cute little box for girly treasures!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Oh, Kim ... I just discovered this box, and it is beautiful!! I would love to make one for my granddaughter. I've printed out the basic instructions, but I have a quick question for you ...

Do you make a lid for the box, then adhere the Labels 1 Nestabilities as a cover? OR are the Labels 1 Nestabilities the lid? :) (I'm a newbie at this ... can you tell?)

Thanks for any help you can provide!! This and your entire blog ARE AWESOME!!



Judy
lifesabeach32940@cfl.rr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...