Friday, November 28, 2014

baby embroidery hoop decor: MFT Release Countdown


Welcome to this month's Release Countdown with My Favorite Things! You will find complete details each day on the MFT Blog, including how you can win prizes and full reveals of featured products.

Welcome back! Today I am showing the latest from Miss Tiina Designs, Wild Things! And while I am showing a baby project today, this set is by no means a baby themed set! With the cute sentiments, you could make a lot of really darling cards! (Valentine's Day for example)

I thought making some cute baby decor would be a fun way to use Wild Things. With all the fantastic hybrid inks from MFT available, I knew stamping on fabric and using trendy embroidery hoops would be perfect!

I started by stamping the tree on a piece of basic muslin. I stamped Chocolate Brown Hybrid ink on the trunk first, then followed with Sour Apple Hybrid ink. Yes, they overlap a bit, but I don't mind the look, as the transition is pretty subtle. Then I stamped the darling giraffe in Hot Fudge Hybrid ink. A different tone of brown to add depth and interest.

To create the word baby, I used a new alphabet set, Die-namics Emmitt Alphabet. Look at how perfectly that the Hot Fudge Felt cuts! All that detail! And how sweet and soft in felt.

A small button from Hot Fudge Buttons was added to the tree trunk. Isn't it great that I got lucky enough to find a heart button?!?

At the top of the hoop, I cut three leaves from Gumdrop Green felt. The felt was cut with another new set of dies, Die-namics Wild Greenery. The soft felt gave this jungle looking leaf the sweet touch a baby project needed. Along with another Hot Fudge Button and a bow tied with Hemp Cord.

I repeated many of the same elements on the two smaller hoops. (The smaller hoops measure 3" and the larger measures 5.") The lion was stamped with Safety Orange Hybrid Ink.

The cutie zebra was stamped with Black Licorice Hybrid ink. And remember to heat set these inks on whatever surface you are using. A embossing tool works wonderfully for a small project like this.


Head over to the MFT Blog for more details, including chances to win! And if you haven't checked out the Black Friday sale going on, click HERE NOW!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies available Dec. 2:

14 comments:

frlphoebes kreativ-blog said...

OMG how sweet are these embroidery baby creations!!!Your idear is so lovely and amazing,love it!!!
Thank you for this gorgeous inspirations,
hugs die waldfee

Debbie Nelson said...

Great project...thank you for sharing!

~amy~ said...

I'm on a hoop kick and just ADORE these!

Tracey said...

What an amazing baby gift these would make! So sweet!!

Lenora said...

These are simply adorable!!!

Celeste Goff said...

These are absolutely precious!

Jamie said...

Oh these are so cute! What a lovely idea!

Judy said...

Very sweet wall hangings. I love to use embroidery hoops to make home decor. Thanks for sharing with us.

Iris said...

So creative and cute.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sandie C said...

Thanks for sharing these cute baby projects.

Tona said...

Omgosh! How cute are these?!

Judith said...

Oh, I love this idea! Great project!!!

Kathy Krug said...

Great project.

Mary Kay said...

Such and adorable idea for a babies room. I love the hoops!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...