Friday, February 7, 2014

MFT Release Countdown Day 4


 Welcome to this month's Release Countdown with My Favorite Things! You will find complete details each day on the MFT Blog, including how you can win prizes and full reveals of featured products.


One of the trends I noticed at CHA this past January was the emergence of photo overlays. Cute pieces of printed acetate to place over your photos on both traditional and pocket page layouts. Once I saw the darling, adorable, and waaaay to perfect new stamps, Sunny Day Doodles Borders and Accents, I knew I had the images to make my own photo overlays!


I started by cutting acetate (clear, thin sheets of plastic or transparencies.) to 4x6." Then, using an ink formulated for shiny surfaces (StazOn), I stamped the various images onto my acetate. I found it was easier to place the acetate over the top of my photo and then stamp. It made placing the images in the best location easier.



You can see a close up of each of the overlays I created for my photos. The borders and hearts and dots made it a ton of fun to mix and match. I really couldn't do anything wrong! (I combined images from Sunny Day Doodles Borders and Accents, Love It, and Sweet Little Memories.)





Then I needed journaling cards for my eventual pocket page layout. I die cut Kraft cardstock with Die-namics Insert It 3x4 Insert. Then I stamped images from Sunny Day Doodles Borders and Accents, Love It, and Sweet Little Memories. Coloring the images in with Copic markers gave each card a personal touch. 


And here is my entire layout put together. I cannot wait to add some journaling. With him turning 8 this week, this momma is sure sentimental about how quickly time is passing! As the cards say, you are living a happy life, as evidenced by that smile on your face, and we love you SO much! You make our world quite a beautiful place to be!

Be sure and head over to the MFT Blog and check out all the links. Seriously, have you looked at all the gorgeousness coming your way? I head over every morning to see and I know what is happening! :)

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies available Feb. 11


25 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

This is BRILLIANT! I will be running out tomorrow to buys some acetate! I love the coloring on Kraft. Beautiful page, Kimberly! Your son is adorable.

Jackie Pedro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie Pedro said...

This is BRILLIANT! I will be running out tomorrow to buys some acetate! I love the coloring on Kraft. Beautiful page, Kimberly! Your son is adorable.

Jackie Pedro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Margaret R said...

Wow! What a fabulous idea. The layout (project cards) looks amazing.

Penny said...

Wow, what a FANTASTIC idea and a new way to use the stamps! I have just started PL so this will be great :)


Penny

Katherine K :) said...

Wowsers! You did a fabulous job. Love the overlays and journal cards!

Debbie Nelson said...

Love the overlays...I have not seen that before. Thank you for sharing!

Judith said...

It looks very great! Nice pictures of your son!!!

Unknown said...

what a brilliant idea, inspired.

Lucinde | Lucilight said...

That looks amazing!

Jennifer said...

Love this new set and your LO! What an awesome idea to create overlays! So cute!

Tammy H said...

What an amazing idea. I remember a few years back when it was all the craze to stamp floral images on acetate, cut them out and use them on cards and layouts..one of my favorite technique. I made hundreds of them. Thanks for the lovely memories.

Laurie said...

What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!!! GF, this is brilliant!

Kylie said...

That's a great idea. I hadn't seen that before and it just add so much fun to your layout..

Tracey said...

Love your photo overlays!! Fantastic spread!!

Unknown said...

Incredible! I'm always looking for new scrapbook ideas and you just gave me a good one! Thanks for sharing.

SkyPixie17 said...

You make a compelling argument pointing out how I need those doodle stamps, but what I considered simply stunning were your journaling cards! The colors are vivid and they're busy without being overwhelming! Beautiful job!

Queen Mary said...

I agree, this is brilliant! Why didn't I think of this before! Kimberley, you are a genius! Thanks for the wonderful ideas!

wendy said...

Oh my. How gorgeous. So creative

jeannine said...

What a creative idea! Love the doodles on the acetate! And your 3x4 cards look great!

Janelle said...

What a cute idea! And the photos you show are DARLING!

Patt H. said...

Love the overlays & such cute photos! great idea!

Michele Boyer said...

LOVE the photo overlays! Love! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...