SPELLBINDERS™ SURPRISE PARTY!!
January 7- 13, 2010
Commenting on this post is welcome but does NOT enter you into the contest. This contest is sponsored by Spellbinders™ Paper Arts. Directions on how to enter are in the Blog Post and Official Rules at http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blog/spellbinders-suprise-party/. If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
Welcome to the last day of the Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!!
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts is hosting Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!! We will introduce 25 new Die Templates and 2 Impressabilities™ templates! These sneak peeks are part of the collection that will be released at the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show on January 24, 2010. We want to invite YOU, our greatest fans, to join the party from January 7-14, 2010! See the newest Spellbinders™ products, visit our Designers’ Blogs, and win fabulous Spellbinders™ prizes!
Today you have the opportunity to win a Spellbinders™ prize package (including all three Spellbinders™ Die Templates revealed today) through the contest entry email address listed below. Be sure to visit the other Designers’ Blogs participating today, and enter from those blogs for additional chances to win! You may enter once from each Blog! Each Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!! blog post is open to contest entries for 48 hours. You have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time January 14 , 2010 to enter this contest through my blog. Be sure to read the rules at before entering so that your entry will be valid!
To see previous Spellbinders ™ Surprise Party!! posts or to go to any of the future blog posts, feel free to visit the following:
Beth Pingry/Cathy Chlebana
After the entry deadline is reached, Spellbinders™ Paper Arts will randomly pick one winner from each Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!! blog event as stated in the rules at http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blog/spellbinders-suprise-party/. Winner will be contacted by email within 24 hours of the contest deadline. The winner will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If Winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn for said prize.
Entrants visiting all 21 Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!! events and correctly enter the drawing on each Blog will automatically be entered into the SPELLBINDERS™ SURPRISE PARTY!! GRAND PRIZE give away with a retail value of over $350.00 The GRAND PRIZE will be announced on January 24, 2010 on the Spellbinders Blog and consists of super secret products being released at the Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show. You WILL be excited!!
I’m thrilled to share my Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!! project with you...
I love making these photo boxes. From adults, to my students, they have all enjoyed the process and these make wonderful gifts. Where are the photos? Open the lid and there they are.
The twill is attached to the lid and base of the box. These boxes are very flexible, meaning, you can add as many photos, in whichever size you choose, just change the dimensions of the box.
Here is a close-up of all three photos on the twill.
And here is a photo of the new dies!
1. Die cut/emboss two S4-247 Labels Twelve #6 (with #1 being the smallest) shapes from brown cardstock. These will be the top and bottom lid of the box. Sand the edges of one piece, to bring out the cardstock core color. Use that for the top lid.
2. Cut kraft cardstock to 6.25” x 6.25.”
3. Score 1 3/4” in from each of the four sides.
4. Cut from the outer edge of the cardstock to each of the 4 scored scored intersections (as indicated by the arrows and lines on photo above).
5. Before assembling the box, stamp each of the sides with a background image. Do not worry about going over the edges, as a piece of cardstock will be covering the base.
6. Fold up sides and assemble box. Adhere one S4-247 Labels Twelve shape to the bottom of the lid.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for the base of the box, except, change the cardstock dimensions to 6 1/8” x 6 1/8.”
8. To create the lid and base holders for the ribbon, start by die cutting/embossing two S4-126 Classic Squares LG #5 from kraft cardstock. Use the number 5 die template.
9. Draw two lines on the back of each square, from corner to corner, diagonally. Where the two lines intersect, punch the largest hole, using an anywhere hole punch.
10. Tie twill through each end with a small knot. Make sure that the twill is not twisted.
11. Adhere thick foam adhesive to the bottom of the square. (Thick enough to allow the knot to not push the piece up.)
12. Push the cover into the base or lid of the box. Repeat for the other half. Once again, make sure that there are no twists in the twill. The box lid and base should now be attached by the twill.
13. To make the photo holders, die cut/emboss 6 S4-126 Classic Squares LG #4. You want 6, one for the front and one for the back for each photo.
14. Die cut/emboss 3 S4-247 Labels Twelve #3, from patterned paper.
15. Layer the Labels Twelve die cut over the Classic Squares LG die cut. Then add photos. Don’t you love how nicely the two shapes play together? :)
16. Lay the box lids apart, stretching the twill so it is laying flat. Starting with the middle piece, apply a strong adhesive to the back side of the brown cardstock square. Lay it behind the twill. Place the photo piece on top.
17. Repeat until all the photos are added.
18. Add twine-tied buttons to each photo.
19. To decorate the lid start by, die cutting/embossing S4-247 Labels Twelve #1 from yellow patterned paper. Stamp sentiment in black ink.
20. Die cut/emboss S4-247 Labels Twelve #5 from plaid patterned paper and adhere to lid.
21. Die cut/emboss S4-126 Classic Squares LG #4 from brown cardstock and sand the edges.
22. Die cut/emboss S4-267 Nested Apple #1 from red patterned paper.
23. Cut leaf from patterned paper. Adhere to back of apple.
24. Die cut/ emboss S4-247 Labels Twelve #5 from red patterned paper.
25. Cut top and bottom 3/4 “ off of Labels Twelve shape. Placing the two pieces cut side together, adhere them to the lid.
26. Adhere brown square, apple, and sentiment label on top of lid, as shown.
27. Tie twine through two buttons and adhere to red patterned paper.
28. Tie twine through larger button, with a bow. Adhere to sentiment label shape.
26. Adhere felt trim around bottom of top box lid.
27. Tie twine around felt, making a bow through a button.
26. Enjoy! You can also add this quote to the box, “Each day is a gift. Untie the ribbons.”
1: 1 5/16”
2: 1 3/4 “
3: 2 3/16”
4: 2 5/8”
5: 3 1/16”
6: 3 5/8 “
Stop by tomorrow and I will give you all the details about making this project. :)
For the complete Spellbinders™ Surprise Party!! rules go to http://spellbinderspaperarts.com/blog/spellbinders-suprise-party/.
TO ENTER CONTEST:
1) Send your email entry to: REVEAL20@spellbinders.us
2) Type the name of the die being revealed on my blog in the “subject” line of the email. For my post it is, Labels Twelve.
3) Click send!
If you have any questions regarding the contest, send an e-mail of inquiry to: ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
thanks for stopping by and good luck!!
Supplies: Spellbinders™ (Labels 12, Nested Apples, Classic Squares Large) Patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket- Mr. Campy), Cardstock (Papertrey Ink-Kraft) (Core’dinations-Chocolate Pistachio Nut), Stamps (Stampendous-Fresh Fruit ) (Hero Arts-Raindrop Background), Ink (Stewart Superior-Palette Dark Chocolate), Twine (May Arts), Twill (Creative Impression), Felt trim (Creative Imagination-Creative Cafe), Buttons (Papertrey Ink-Pure Poppy)