SORRY! This project has been removed for publication. It will appear in the April 2011 issue of CARDS magazine.
The background paper (Basic Grey Nook and Pantry) was the starting point for this card. I wanted to mimic the sunflowers on it, so I dug through my stash of bits and pieces and created this.
One thing I should mention, when creating a card, I try and do some pre-planning, to make things easier. I had to plan for a couple of things on this card; first thing, I didn’t want my brads to be attached to the base of the card, so that they do not show on the inside. And second, I have learned that when I use dimensional objects, I cannot stamp after they are placed. The thickness doesn’t allow the stamp to reach the cardstock. :) To show you what I mean, I will write out the steps I took to make this card.
- Create card base with Ocean Tides cardstock.
- Cut patterned paper to size.
- Distress edges with tool and ink.
- Score patterned paper using Scor Pal. (trying to create a quilted look)
- Adhere to card base.
- Die cut/emboss rectangle from Rustic White cardstock.
- Ink edges.
- Stamp sentiment on bottom of rectangle with brown ink.
- Adhere chipboard circle to top of rectangle with glue.
- Distress large black brad with Basic Grey file.
- Attach brad to center of circle.
- Adhere pre-made pearl flower center to brad.
- Distress lace with ink.
- Glue lace to left of rectangle.
- Foam mount rectangle to left side of card.
- Stamp leaf image onto Rustic White cardstock.
- Cut out leaves and glue underneath flower.
- Tie twine through button.
- Adhere button to right side of rectangle with a glue dot.
Well, I hope that was informative and if not, hopefully the card was cute enough to make you smile today! :) thanks ever so much for stopping by!
Supplies-Stamps (Papertrey Ink-Friends Til The End, Turning a New Leaf), Patterned paper (Basic Grey-Nook and Pantry), Cardstock (Papertrey Ink-Ocean Tides, Rustic White), Ink (Palette-Landscape, Dark Chocolate) (Clearsnap-Colorbox Chalk Creamy Brown), Brad (WR Memory Keepers), Pearls (Prima Say It with Centers), Chipboard (American Crafts Letterboard Collection), Button (Autumn Leaves)