Tuesday, August 20, 2013

end of summer



Hello everyone! We have shoved a lot of fun and activities into the end of summer! I thought it would be fun to show you what's been going on at our house!

To start with, hubby and I ventured out into the back yard in the middle of the night to see the Perseid meteor shower. It was truly a sight to see! And I was thrilled to see that I captured a meteorite on film! It was small, this is a cropped-in view, but very cool!


Then we celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary. A rare photo of the two of us was taken by my adorable husband before we all went our for dinner. I got
roses from the hubby and the little man created me a rose out of Legos!! Isn't it amazing? He just came up with it in his head!!


We had to go to the Iowa State Fair. It's on the list of the 1,000 things to do before you die, and we live here now, so off we went. 
Our first stop was the heritage part of the fair and I could have stayed there all day. Real printing presses, blacksmiths, potters, furniture makers and more, all creating right there for all to see. It was fascinating. 


We rode the Sky Gliders (way fun), saw beautiful plants and flowers, the
Butter Cow (before it was vandalized), and sat in very large John Deere tractors! There was also fantastic food. We highly recommend the red velvet funnel cake. (It was our first ever funnel cake, so maybe not the best people to take advice from, but that cream cheese glaze...yum!)


My parents arrived for a visit a couple of days later (After the little man had a water party. 12 boys. Whoa!) We attended a Kernals baseball game on a perfect summer evening. That night they also had fireworks after the game. Impressive ones too. To quote a friend, "not rinky dink!"


There was a lot of Monopoly playing (thank you for sparing me from playing a couple of games, mom and dad!) And fabulous food cooked by my hubby. 


Which brings us to yesterday. The first day of school. He was pumped to start second grade and he seemed like such a pro at the whole thing. 

So, now my world is quiet again. And while there were moments I was ready for him to go back, I really wasn't ready. But I am grateful that we had such a blast all summer long. We spent a lot of
time together and made so many wonderful memories. Pardon my tears for a moment...

I guess the old blog here should start to get more attention. And I hope to share new projects and ideas with you soon. 

thanks for stopping by!

-kimberly

P.S. I am posting this from my iPhone. Just an experiment. I want to see how it
formats and all that good stuff. :D

4 comments:

Jennifer K said...

I LOVE the state fair. I've gone many times but missed it this year. Glad you had fun! My kids start back next week - they're ready!

Mary Ann said...

Great pictures!!!Beautiful family!!!

Dorothy C. said...

So happy to hear you were able to take part in so much fun stuff with the family. I'm looking forward to the holiday season and your great ideas and inspiration.
May God continue to bless you.

Judy Inukai said...

Sounds like lots of fun family. Such precious memories. The little man's Lego rose is awesome. He's getting so big, but his back pack was almost as big as he is.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...