Sunday, January 20, 2013

CHA-W wrap up

Hello! Here it is, the wrap up of CHA-W. I am sharing a bunch of photos of product that caught my eye. Be prepared with snacks and beverages, as the list is long. :)

FYI: The links to each company will take you to their blogs. It’s a chance for you to take a better look at their collection peeks and to get a ship date for these products. Also, click the photos to see larger images. I cannot promise awesome photos. One because the lighting is goofy at the show and two, because of my shaky hands. :)

jan 19 027

Jillibean Soup; Chilled Cucumber Soup

Darling stamps. And who can ever have too many butterfly stamps, really? I hope with Hampton Arts in the picture now, this will mean more stamps to come from Jillibean Soup!

jan 19 028

Jillibean Soup; Chilled Cucumber Soup

And then the papers! The colors are bright, trendy, and make me want spring to arrive now! They will no longer be carrying 6x6 pads, but I was pretty happy with the scale of the prints for card makers.

jan 19 036

Simple Stories; 24/7

Not only are these colors “me,” they are perfect for a certain little boy. Simple Stories SN@P collection is fantastic for the project life style of scrapbooking, and this will be perfect in my albums this year! This line will work for traditional scrapbooking too. Love that.

jan 19 039

GCD Studios: Sunkissed

TREND ALERT: This is the latest color palette, and it was everywhere! Peach, blue, and a mint green. Its fresh and I love it!

jan 19 046

Maya Road

TREND ALERT: There were quite a few companies with “stamped” wood pieces. Oh, how I love this! I will be stamping everything I die cut from wood!

jan 19 060

Cosmo Cricket; Elements Honky Tonk

More cute canvas brads from Cosmo Cricket at this show. Happy and fun. “Flair” seems to be popping up everywhere. Well, maybe it has always been around, but everyone was showing a ton of fun embellishments like this.

jan 19 061

Cosmo Cricket: Fabric Strips; Honky Tonk

TREND ALERT: Every form of washi tape was at the show. From the actual tape, to vellum strips, to fabric strips, like these. I personally love these. Cute, one time use. Less commitment.

jan 19 063

Basic Grey: Bow Ties

Perfection in a little boy line. Not to mention fantastic color combos and super trendy patterns. Basic Grey hit it out of the park for me this show!

jan 19 065

Basic Grey: Bow Ties

Here are some of the vellum stickers I was referring to earlier. See?  Fun!

jan 19 068

Basic Grey: Knee Highs

This is the girl half of Knee Highs and Bow Ties. Aren’t these mini bottle caps cute? Again more of the “flair.”

jan 19 069

Basic Grey: Knee Highs

Vellum strips again. I want. I need. Gimme! :)

jan 19 070

Basic Grey; Hipster

Another “boy” line, if you will. But its all trendy and usable for any project!

jan 19 071

Basic Grey/Hero Arts

The collaboration with these two companies just keeps getting better! Fantastic, quality stamps! Especially for pure card makers who aren’t interested in all the scrapbooking supplies. These bring the best of both worlds together.

jan 19 072

Basic Grey/Hero Arts

More fabulouness!

jan 19 073

Stampendous; Color Fragments in Teal

This made me squeal! These are SO cool. Think mica flakes, but matte and vivid in color! Oh, the texture and possibilities! There are quite a few colors, including neon! I cannot wait to play around with these and give you an up-close look! Soon!

jan 19 075

Stampendous; Frantage Encrusted Jewel Kit

Another squeal moment! Look at this kit! Color Fragments, glitter, embossing powders…How much fun would this be?

It goes along beautifully with their brilliant new idea for their large cling stamps. The stamps now come with a plastic template of the image. You can use the template to mask off whatever area of the image you want to play around with. I was floored! Run to the Stampendous website and check out all the ideas!

jan 19 076

Crate Paper: DIY Shop

Wood grain doilies, aqua flowers with a touch of yellow? Yes please!! And 6x6 pads?!? Heaven.

jan 19 077

Crate Paper: DIY Shop

TREND ALERT: Chevrons are not going anywhere. But they are getting amped up. Look at the darling mix of chevrons and hearts on the red paper on the left!

jan 19 082

Crate Paper: DIY Shop photo overlays

This also was a show-stopper for me. Various sized overlays for your photos. Add that Instagram filter look to your photos. Even if they are older. Take a look below and see what they do.

jan 19 080

Crate Paper: DIY Shop photo overlays

The overlays in action. How cute is that? Very clever. Very clever indeed! Now if I could just get Maggie Holmes to take perfect photos of my child like that… :)

jan 19 026

Paper Crafts Magazine; Card Creations Vol 11

And look who is a cover girl!!!! Its so unreal!!!! How does that happen?!?!

This issue is not available yet. Sometime in March, I believe.

jan 19 084

Lily Bee: Destinations

Love, love, love the dark wood grain with white patterns and images over the top!

jan 19 085

Technique Tuesday

Whoa. The booth was full of so much goodness, I could not take it all in! AMAZING release from them!!! Graphic and fun designs from Teri Anderson. Wonderful project life and beyond from Ali Edwards, and beautiful images from the rest of the team. Check it all out here.

jan 19 087

Lawn Fawn; Daphne’s Closet

That same peach and blue color palette. Everything from Lawn Fawn was perfection! And I got a peek of a set of ALPHABET dies!! Perfect scale for card makers who want to add some dimension to their cards!!!

jan 19 095

Spellbinders; Giftabilities by Annie’s

Another cover for me! Wow. Wow. Wow.

This is a great book because of the way it is written. The projects are set at three levels, easy, medium, and advanced. Eye candy, yes. Doable projects, yes. Pick this one up before Mother’s day, trust me.

jan 19 103

Paper Smooches

No need to show you all the uber cute stamp images all over the booth. However, these dies are a concept that I have been desiring for a long time. They are genius!!! Look at the dies on the left. The top one shows the basic shape, with a spot missing. All the dies below that FIT INSIDE TO MAKE A NEW PATTERN!!! Genius!

jan 19 109

Studio Calico

As always, the Studio Calico booth was full of trends and all must-haves. These “stamped” wood veneers jumped out at me. Love. Love. Love.

jan 19 119

Teresa Collins: Memories

Perfection. A perfect color palette. Along with her He Said/She Said collection.

TREND ALERT: Kraft will always be number one for me, but this pale grey is sneaking in to all the collections. Keep an eye out.

jan 19 125

Hero Arts

Yep.

jan 19 144

jan 19 141

Pink Paislee/Heidi Swapp; Color Pop

COLOR RESIST PAPER. Can you hear the angels singing? Did a light from heaven shine down? :) The resist is colored instead of just being white. And look at the results above. It popped across the room at me!!

jan 19 142

Pink Paislee/Heidi Swapp; Color Pop

Here are the papers, without being colored. Gorgeous as is. Usable as is. But oh, so much more awesome with color added! I like that this comes in 12x12 sheets, lets me cut it up any way I want. Oh, and there are tags and other beauties with this too!!!!!

jan 19 145

Pink Paislee; Luxe

TREND ALERT: Gold accents. I have been seeing it everywhere, home décor, fashion, even tiles! Get out the embossing powders, and foils, and ink pads! Or, just grab these gorgeous chipboard pieces!

 

jan 19 149

Pink Paislee; Luxe

Look at these papers! I should have gotten a photo of the all the amazing pieces and parts!!!

jan 19 151

Queen and Co; paper straws

Well, if these don’t make you smile! Creating party decor with your paper crafting supplies is a trend that is not going anywhere! Lots of fun here!

jan 19 187

Fancy Pants; Park Bench

TREND ALERT: Everyone has a mini bag collection. Cute. Not sure what I would do with them yet…hold tags, hold cute treats. Just buy them because they are darling… :)

jan 19 191

Fancy Pant; Park Bench

TREND ALERT: Another popular color palette here. Very springy. Just makes you happy.

jan 19 192

Fancy Pants; Trend Setter

And a trend setter it is with its color palette. I saw peeks of this here and there, but this was the most obvious and my favorite. A coral with navy blue, and pale aqua. I like. A lot.

Whew. We made it. That was just a little bit of what I saw at the show! Lots to take in, right? Lots of inspiration for sure!

There was so much more. So many friends to hang out with. New friends that I was fortunate enough to meet in real life. Dinners, desserts, late nights (is 10 pm really late?), and just being with friends. Its hard to believe another CHA has come and gone! All I can say is, I am one blessed girl!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

8 comments:

i {heart} papers said...

Wow. You took lots of pics! I was disappointed that Jillibean didn't have any 6x6 pads and that their stamps (because they're from Hampton Arts) are made in China and are acrylic, not photopolymer.

Love the pic of you and your cover and it was so great to see you!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Fab report, Kim! You make me look at my wish list, again! :)

Glenda J said...

Great report! Love to see what caught other people's eye! Thanks for your 'trend alerts' too!

Judy Inukai said...

Lots of good eye candy! Thanks for the great updates. Looking forward to seeing Gifabilities.

Unknown said...

You weren't kidding when saying this list is long!But I love it for it's 'trend alert' and lots of pretty pictures. Look forward to your next post :)

Unknown said...

You weren't kidding when saying this list is long!But I love it for it's 'trend alert' and lots of pretty pictures. Look forward to your next post :)

Rox-Ann said...

Wow so much neat stuff this! Can't wait to get some of it.

Laina Lamb said...

Congrats on the Cover!!! Great to see you at CHA as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...