Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Stamper's Dream Day 2

This card was made from the same set that I used yesterday, Owl Christmas from Hero Arts. Amazing that you can go from funky to traditional! Gotta love a stamp set that you can get some mileage out of!
On the kraft paper, I stamped the branch with green ink. I then cut around the branches for shape and colored in the berries with a red Copic.
The background was stamped using Watermank ink with the snowflake from the set and accented with a Spica pen.
The striped paper is from the same set of paper from Memory Box, called Christmas Brights.
The sentiment was stamped onto a covered piece of chipboard. The edges were highlighted with a brown pen and two gems.
Supplies:
Patterned paper-Christmas Brights, Memory Box
Stamps-Owl Christmas Clear, Hero Arts
Cardstock, Ribbon-Papertrey Ink
Ink-Dark Brown, Jardin Moss Palette, Watermark Versamark
Twine-May Arts
Buttons-Basic Grey
Gems-Hero Arts
Copic marker, Atyou Spica glitter pen

I was also tagged recently by two incredibly talented, incredibly sweet women-Niki Estes and Geny Cassady. Thanks ladies! You are wonderful!! I love the questions, so I thought I would share with you.
Things I Love:
1. My husband and son
2. Anything involving paper crafting
3. Chocolate
4. Shopping
5. Music-playing the piano and singing
Things I Don't Love:
1. Dishes
2. Disorganization
3. A lake breeze (you gotta live on the shore of Lake Superior to truly understand!)
4. Scary or suspense movies
5. Penguins
Songs on my iPod:
1. Carrie Underwood
2. Christian
3. Country
4. Lots of musicals (Evita, The Phantom of the Opera)
5. LOTS of hair metal (hey, I'm a child of the 80's! :))
Favorite Foods/Drinks:
1. Mt. Dew
2. Chocolate
3. anything pasta!
4. Zucchini bread
5. A great cheeseburger from a sports bar (don't drink, just love the burgers! :))
Tag 5 others: These ladies are amazing! Wonderful friends and talented to boot!!

9 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Love this, Kim! I love the way you cut around the branches. Thanks for playing along! It's great to learn more about you. :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful Kim!! I love how you added the sentiment with the button and bow!!

Valerie said...

beautiful xmas card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Gorgeous card, Kimberly! You would never know that was the same set! LOVE it! Thanks for the tag. . .how fun!

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card this is! I love that you showcased that stamp set in two completely different ways! GREAT job, Kim! :-)

Julia Aston said...

I love this on the kraft paper with the fussy cutting around the vine - super colors!

fun things to know about you Kimberly!

Rox-Ann said...

Love this card! Gorgeous!

Deanna said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the cut-outs you did on the edges of the kraft layer and how the patterned paper peeks out from below. Gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...