Monday, April 14, 2008

My PTI project

UPDATE: I could not be more thrilled!! This was chosen for Honorable Mention for this month's Guest Star Stamper! Thank you Nichole Heady for sharing my project on your blog! :)

Here is my entry for this month's Guest Star Stamper. I have made a project similar to this before-using an origami box and photos. So, I thought that the small, square PTI tins would work perfectly. This would make a nice birthday "card" for someone that you want to go the extra mile for.
The bow on the top is handmade from PTI ribbon.


I love that this set doesn't have the letter "i" in the birthday, so you can add this little candle!

Here is the inside of the box. All these pieces have been strung on a ribbon that has been attached to the top lid and the base of the tin.

Here are some close-ups of each piece. The tags were cut from my Tiny Tags Cuttlebug die.
Stickles were added to the hats and a gem to the tassle.

I used a Colorbox ink pad to make the tops of the cupcakes. The Chestnut color looks exactly like chocolate frosting! I accented the cupcakes and candles with Sakura Glaze pens.

More Stickles on the bow.
I peeled this up to show how the ribbon was attached. Because the lid is clear, I stamped a piece of cardstock for the front and the inside. A small hole was punched through the inside piece and the solid cardstock. I pulled the ribbon through and tied a small knot. Using foam, I adhered the top stamped cardstock over the knot, so it would not show through the lid. The entire piece was then foam mounted to the lid. Man, I hope that makes sense! :) The base was created the same way, but without the extra piece.
hope you like it! thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

Geny said...

Love this little tin, it is full of wonderful details! Great job!

Rox-Ann said...

Wow this turned out great Kim love it!

Debbie Olson said...

What a fabulous little keep sake tin--beautifully done! You have some real little treasures on your blog; thank you for sharing!

Maria said...

so cute!! love it!!!

Unknown said...

WOW and double WOW! This box is amazing! Very impressive, keep it up. ;) This just takes my breath away.

Niki Estes said...

This is such a neat project! Great job and congrats on the honorable mention!

Penny said...

Congratulations on your honorable mention! Well deserved as this is a stunning birthday tin. I really love it!

Erin McKinney said...

Very cute little tin! I love your blog!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful project!! Congrats on your honorable mention!! I just love how you put this together!

Unknown said...

This is another awesome project --- you made the list of stand out projects over at www.cardoftheweek.com -- check it out -- http://www.cardoftheweek.com/2008/04/best-of-the-b-2.html

You're mentioned twice!

Deanna said...

This is so sharp Kimberly! Fantastic job!

Cassie said...

Phenomenal! Worth more than an honorable mention!!

kathleenh said...

This is completely fantastic! What a WOW! birthday card/gift!

Martha said...

Wow Kim! Very cool!

Katie said...

This is the cutest project, you should have won and not gotten honorable mention!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...