Monday, April 7, 2014

MFT April Release Countdown: Bokeh Builder



Welcome to this month's Release Countdown with My Favorite Things! You will find complete details each day on the MFT Blog, including how you can win prizes and full reveals of featured products.


The stamp set I am sharing from the MFT April Release today is called, Bokeh Builder. Bokeh is the way that a camera lens renders out-of-focus light, or more simply put, the pretty dots of light in the background of photos. Its a pretty popular trend in paper crafting, and this stamp set helps you achieve the look easily!


Knowing that the sun can create beautiful bokeh, I grabbed my Stencil Sun Ray and inked through it with Lemon Drop ink onto Smooth White cardstock. Then I proceeded to stamp the dots with Lemon Drop ink, both with the first inking and a second time without re-inking. To add a more natural look, I stamped the dots again, but this time with Sweet Tooth pigment ink. Happy clapping for the results!


The sentiment was stamped with the new Hybrid Black Licorice ink. A few white sequins were added for a bit more of a sparkle.

Curious about the new line of Hybrid inks that MFT is adding to their collection? Be sure and visit the MFT Blog for all the details. There are 12 bright and vivid colors that I cannot wait to keep playing with!

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Supplies available April 8:

21 comments:

Kathy Krug said...

Combination of circles and rays look fabulous.

Unknown said...

I'm clapping with you Kimberly, I love this card.

Tammy H said...

Love the sun ray with this sentiment. Very sweet.

carol watson said...

Love the boken stamp set and what you have done with it, beautiful card.

Rita W said...

This is amazing! I absolutely LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

GF, this is fantastic! The combo of the sun with the dots.

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! LOVE this!

Crestajune said...

This is super fabulous! Love it!

Kelli B. said...

I love this bright and happy card! I am loving the sun rays stencil you used! It might have to come over to my house to play!

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

You had me at the color Yellow. #lovelovelove #needmyaddress ...lol

jeannine said...

Fabulous design! Such a happy card!

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous mixed with the sun ray!! Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

OMG--HAPPY HAPPY SUNNY card!!! LOVE THIS!! Can you tell ;) :) Fabulous creation!! Thanks for sharing!! XOXO-Shari

CreatedbyKay (Kay Norman) said...

Love how you combined the two elements to create your beautiful card!

Shanna Shands said...

Golden card!

choman9912@aol.com said...

Great card. I always smile when yellow is used on a card! You created a very dramatic card. Thank you for sharing!

Diane Jaquay said...

The little circles look great added to the sun ray, fabulous card!!

Lagene said...

Fantastic card! Great release!

Jackie Pedro said...

I. LOVE. THIS. CARD.

That's it. LOVE :)

Celeste Goff said...

What a light and pretty card! I love the added touch of sequins!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Such a great design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...