Thursday, November 8, 2012

greatest adventure

greatest adventure

Another layout that was published in Scrapbooking and Beyond magazine, this one in the Spring 2012 issue. Using the Technique Tuesday stamp set, Loving Words, by Ali Edwards, this layout came together very quickly! To make the title, I stamped the sentiment, “you are my greatest joy” and masked off the word joy. I used letter stickers to spell out adventure. The idea came from a quote that has been pinned to my corkboard forever! The patterned papers are from October Afternoon (Rocket Age). They screamed six year old boy and I am hoarding them! :)

thanks for stopping by!

~kimberly

Gratitude: On Tuesday and Thursday I get to volunteer in my son’s classroom at school. I love that I get to be a part of his day, but more importantly, I get to use my teaching skills, something that I am still very passionate about! There is nothing quite like watching a student understand a new concept, or read a challenging word, or get an answer correct when they worked hard! I am grateful for the school for allowing me to be there and to help out!!!!

8 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

fabulous layout

have fun in school today.

craftymom205 said...

I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for their love and support.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Brenda said...

This is a super layout! Love the "comic" like background that adds a touch of whimsy.
This morning I am thankful for migraine medication.

Diane said...

Really cool layout...the picture just pops...love it!! I am grateful for today...my hubby is gone til Sunday, and I am enjoying the time alone...kind of mean I know...but I am loving it...lol!!

Daphne said...

Kimberly - Although I am not a teacher, I also volunteer in our son's classroom. Our youngest is now in 3rd grade. It is the highlight of my week for the same reasons.

Your layout is very inspiring and the title is so true! The kids are our greatest adventure and through them I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. They are my greatest teachers.

Angela Fehr said...

I'm hoarding what I have left of that line too! I do enjoy my boy, and he gets more fun every day! I used mostly Rocket Age for a Little Golden Book mini album for my son - such a fun way to repurpose a favourite book. Now I want to make more - or do it as a class.

Judy Inukai said...

Cute layout. He has such a great smile. What fun that you get to volunteer at his school. Kids are such fun at that age. Today I'm grateful for the young lady that I call my adopted granddaughter. I remember how cute she was at six years old and am grateful for the beautiful person she has become.

Tracey said...

This is a fabulous page Kimberly!@!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...