This contest is now closed. Thank you for visiting!
SPELLBINDERS BIG EVENT!!
July 13-20, 2010
Welcome to the third day of the Spellbinders Paper Arts BIG Event!
The BIG Event is Spellbinders™ Paper Arts’ way of introducing some really exciting new products! This season’s BIG Event is from July 13-20, incorporating 16 fabulous Designers, and you could win BIG!
· Win today’s new die templates!
· Be eligible to win the Grand Prize by entering each day from each blog!
· You may enter once from each blog on the designated days!
· Each contest is open for 48 hours to enter the contest!
· You have until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time July 16, 2010 to enter my contest. Be sure to read the Official Rules before entering so that your entry will be valid!
These are the Designers and their contest dates:
Daily contest winners are randomly chosen from valid entries, as stated in the Official Rules. The winners will receive an email within 24 hours of the contest’s closing. The winners will have 72 hours to reply to that email to claim prize. If a winner fails to respond within 72 hours, a new winner will be drawn.
Entrants that send valid contest entry emails to each of the contests will be automatically considered for the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize has a retail value of over $700, and includes Spellbinders CHA Summer 2010 release die templates, Spellbinders CHA Summer 2010 release punch templates and a Presto Punch™ machine!
Thank you, Spellbinders Paper Arts, for sponsoring this contest!
I’m thrilled to share Fleur De Lis and Scalloped Circle Presto Punch™ templates with you...
P5-004 Fleur De Lis punch template
P3-011 Scalloped Circle punch template
And here is my project!
This is a set of three plaques to be hung on your walls or placed on a shelf. Each plaque measures 4” square. Here is how to make them:
1. Paint three wooden plaques with watered-down white paint. Let dry.
2. Sand the entire surfaces and wipe away dust.
3. Paint all three plaques with black paint. Let dry.
4. Cut three pieces of patterned paper. Ink the edges using a foam applicator.
5. Spread tacky glue over entire flat surface, avoiding the edges.
6. Place the patterned paper over the surface. Smooth out with your hand, to avoid bubbles. Repeat this for all three plaques.
7. Cut a small piece of patterned paper and place it inside the punching booklet.
8. Place the P3-011 Scalloped Circle punch template over the patterned paper with the PUNCH EDGE DOWN.
9. Slide the booklet into the slot on the front of the Presto Punch Machine.
10. Push the down button until the platform has reached the bottom. The motor will stop.
11. Raise the platform, by pushing the up button, so that you can remove the booklet.
12. Move the punch template, with the paper still inside, to the embossing booklet.
13. Push the down button again and repeat the process.
14. Punch/emboss a total of three circles.
15. Ink the circle edges with a foam applicator.
16. Apply glue to the entire back surface of each circle.
17. Adhere the circles to the center of each plaque. Smooth out with your hand.
18. Cut a small piece of black cardstock and place inside the punching booklet.
19. Place the P5-004 Fleur De Lis punch template over the cardstock with the punch edge down.
20. Insert the booklet into the slot. Press the down button until the platform reaches the bottom. Raise the platform with the up button and remove the booklet.
21. Leave the paper inside the punch template and move it to the embossing booklet. Press the down button until the platform reaches the bottom. Raise the platform with the up button and remove the booklet and the paper from the punch template.
22. Repeat the process to create three Fleur De Lis.
This is a close up look of the fabulous embossing detail on this punch template.
23. Apply crackle medium to the surface of each Fleur De Lis.
24. Allow to dry for a few hours.
25. Once dry, apply adhesive to the back of each Fleur De Lis with a Xyron.
26. Adhere each Fleur De Lis to the Scalloped Circle on each plaque.
This is the Spellbinders product I introduced:
SKU/Product Name: P5-004 Fleur De Lis punch template
1. 3/4" x 3/4"
2. 1 1/4" x 1 1/4"
3. 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
SKU/Product Name: P4-011 Scalloped Circle punch template
1. 7/8" x 7/8"
2. 1 1/2" x 1 1/2"
3. 2" x 2"
Here is a second project using the same punch templates. Wouldn’t it be great to give this project and card as a house warming gift?
For the official Spellbinders Paper Arts BIG Event rules, click HERE
I love your comments! Unfortunately your comment does not count towards a contest entry, so be sure to enter and then leave a comment!
If you have any questions, please e-mail ContestQuestions@Spellbinders.us
Thank you for visiting my blog and good luck!!
Supplies: Patterned paper-Donna Salazar (Memory Mosiacs), Cardstock-World Win (Black), Ink-Ranger (Distress-Frayed Burlap), Crackle Medium (Ranger), Paint-Delta (Creamcoat White, Black), Elmer's Tacky Glue, Xyron