Monday, July 26, 2010

cutest cupcake stand ever

Cupcake Stand and Cupcake

Cupcake Stand CU Top

Cupcake Stand CU

One day in my online travels, I came across a cute cupcake stand. I thought, oh, how darling and expensive! And then I though, hey! I could make my own. Ignoring all other deadlines and thankful it was naptime for a certain 4 year-old, I got to work immediately. I used thick cherry wood paper from Creative Imaginations because I thought the thickness and weight would easily hold a cupcake. I am delighted to say that using 110 pound cardstock has also provided adequate support. Isn’t that just the cutest thing ever? (if I do say so myself :))

So, because I am away at CHA-S in Chicago, I thought I would spend the days this week sharing all about this project with you. Stay tuned and I will have a video tutorial showing how to create your own cupcake stand. And then, I will share all about that yummy cupcake atop the stand. It is evil. Pure evil in pastry form. :) Dark chocolate cupcake, raspberry filling, and white chocolate butter cream frosting…oh yes, this is a cupcake for dessert. And one is all you can eat. :)

thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Spellbinders-Standard Circles Large, Classic Rectangles Large, Classic Ovals Large, Classic Scalloped Border Petite, Paper-Thick Cherry Paper (Creative Imaginations)

7 comments:

craftsbygloria said...

Kimbrly,
I just love your little cupcake stand and that cupcake looks so yummy. What a great idea for a dinner party. I can't wait to see how it is made.
Thank you.
craftsbygloria@comcast.net

Tami said...

Lovely little cupcake stand!! Have fun at CHA!

Fuzzy Slippers said...

That is sooo stinkin cute!!!! I might have to try my hand at it. Have fun at CHA! :)

lisa808 said...

The cupcake stand is adorable. Looking forward to the tutorial. The cupcake itself looks so yummy. Enjoy CHA.

d said...

Great stand! And as for the cupcake...is there a recipe coming too? It is pure decadent at its best!
Delish!!!

Deebi27 said...

Fabulous cupcake stand...and now that cupcake...is the recipe being given up too...its pure delish sounding. Pure decadence at its best!!!

cheryl mezzetti said...

Oh my i love love your work! I would like to feature your wood cake stand on our blog. Would you email me about a feature?
ceeangels@aol.com
thank you
Cheryl

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...