Thursday, October 15, 2009

BOO!

Tricks No Treats Bag

I love this little treat holder that I made and here is why. I was never good at geometry. In fact, I have nightmares about it. This straight A girl will not even speak of the grade she got in it during her sophomore year. So, when I can come up with my own design for a box or bag like this, I think, hey, I get it, in my own little way! LOL! :)

Tricks No Treats Bag CU Side

I started by making a box, but instead of folding the sides like a box, I ran a score line down the middle of each side. I stopped about an inch above the bottom of the bag. Then I scored from the bottom corner to the bottom of the side score line, on each side. Pushing the sides in at a little bit of an angle, lets the box become a bag. Hopefully the photo helps that make more sense.

Tricks No Treats Bag CU

To create the window, I die cut a Long Rectangle Nestabilities from the center of the bag before assembling. Using the same die template, and the next size up scalloped template, I cut the orange frame from patterned paper. The inside window is a piece of Clearly Cardstock. I stamped a spider web in StazOn Jet Black in, an adhered the window to the inside.

The tag was made from the JustRite Stampers set, Favorite Occasions. I only used the outside and let the button take the center. I love the options!! And finally, the ghost and little pumpkin are Hero Arts images and were colored in with Copics.

We are going to ride the North Shore Scenic Railroad this weekend. They have a pumpkin train on Saturday. We will ride up to a pumpkin patch and all pick our own pumpkins. It should be fun, especially because the little man ADORES trains! Have a wonderful weekend! thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps (Hero Arts-Owl-Oween), (JustRite Stampers-Favorite Occasions), Patterned paper (My Mind’s Eye-Free Bird), Cardstock (Flourishes-Clearly Cardstock), Ink (Palette-Dark Chocolate), (Memento-Tuxedo Black), Twine (Martha Stewart), Twill (May Arts), Button (Basic Grey-Ambrosia), Copics (W3, Yr04, YR09, Y13, Y15). Spellbinders Die Templates (Long Rectangles Small, Scalloped Long Rectangles Small, Classic Circles Large, Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Label Trio)

10 comments:

Kristie Larsen said...

This is SO cute. I love how you made it with the score lines. And the ribbon and things are adorable. love it!

Unknown said...

Awwww....that is so stinkin' cute! Pumpkin pickin' and trains sounds like the perfect photo op with the little man! Be sure to share them with us, okay? :-)

Denise Marzec said...

Totally FUN! Love this!!

Lisa Kind said...

I'm so glad there's a straight A girl who didn't do well in geometry! I hated it and my teacher, so I did not do well at all! I'm a teacher now and hate teaching it too! But I love your project! You seem to have overcome your shortfall when it comes to geometry! TFS!

Jennifer Priest said...

So sweet! You never cease to amaze!

Virginia L. said...

ADORABLE! Congrats on the Hero Arts Twitter!

Genelle said...

Love this idea! I just ran across a bunch of lunch bags from YEARS ago that I could modify. Thanks for the inspiration! You get an A+ in my book!

Karen said...

So cute Kimberly!

Alicia said...

Kimberly--- love it! I like how you put the button behind the greeting, very cool.

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Wow - I love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...