Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweet Violets

Sweet Violets is such a gorgeous stamp set. This card started with the stamped image- I stamped it with Rich Cocoa brown Memento ink, to give it a softer look. Sticking with that look, I colored in the image with "sepia" toned colors. The overall effect was soft and very antique looking. The shape I stamped the image onto, came from the inside of the Classic Frame die from Spellbinders.
I knew I wanted this to look like a great-grandma's house, you know, something that has been laying around for a long time. Adding the crackle glaze created the perfect look I wanted to achieve. Then came the lace, buttons, and twine. (All the glaze I needed to cover the area, did curl the paper, so I pressed it flat with a book, once it dried, and used a generous amount of adhesive on the back.)
It is gorgeous here today. They are predicting 70 degrees. You might laugh, but that is fantastic for our neck of the woods! :) So, we are headed to the Zoo and for a picnic afterwards. Should be a great day! Hope you have a great day too! thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Stamps-Sweet Violets (Flourishes)
Patterned paper-My Mind's Eye (Penny Lane, Maggie May)
Cardstock-Ripe Avocado (Papertrey Ink)
Lace-Making Memories
Twine-May Arts
Buttons-Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream/White mix)
Tools-Spellbinders Die Templates (Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large S4-133, Classic Frame S5-012), Copics, Crackle Glaze (Ranger)

7 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW! This is just stunning Kim! I love it! The colours are so pretty! xx

Melissa said...

OMG! This card is perfect! I love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing.

Tosh said...

Beautiful Kim!! Your coloring is fantastic! Love all the texture and your wonderful embellishing!

Geny said...

What a pretty card Kim, love all the little details!

Diana said...

So very pretty!

LeAnne said...

This is awesome, I love the effect of the Crackle glaze. I just won this set and cannot wait to ink it up....just bought my Memento ink today and once it gets here.....woohoo!
LeAnne

Denise Marzec said...

Oh, the colors on this, Kim!....GORGEOUS!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...