Friday, February 13, 2009

New Flourishes Stamps at Stamper's Dream Day 3

This new stamp set from Flourishes is called, Signs Of Spring. Isn't it lovely? I wanted to pair the bright yellow daffodil with a blue and white background. The idea came from my lastest copy of the Pottery Barn catalog. The blue and white background was actually created with a stamp from the Strut Your Stuff set and white embossing powder. I love it!
The rectangle background was made by embossing a large rectangle Nestabilities into the card front. (insert giant smile for Spellbinders) To give it a wall art look, I stamped the word daffodil on the bottom corner of the rectangle.
Oh, I wanted to mention something about the Copics I use. A couple of you asked why the W3 was listed, when I didn't shadow with it. I use the W3 to get more colors, in a way. See the stem of the flower? I used some really bright greens and they needed to be toned down. By going over them with the W3, I achieved that look easily. Its a great way to get more mileage out of your markers, especially when you have limited quantity, like me! :)

Make sure and see what these ladies are up to today:
Amy Sheffer
Denise Marzec
All the new Flourishes stamps will be available at Stamper's Dream tonight at 9 pm EST!
Have a wonderful weeknd!! thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps-Flourishes (Signs of Spring, Strut Your Stuff)
Cardstock-Papertrey Ink, Bazzill
Ink-Versamark (Watermark), Memento Tuxedo Black
Embossing Powder-Stampendous (White Detail)
Tools-Spellbinders (Rectangle Nestabilities, Large), Copics Y11, Y13, Y15, G07, YG03, W3

22 comments:

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Kim!! The flower is coloured beautifully! xx

Denise Marzec said...

I love the dark blue and white background...OMGoodness, BEAUTIFUL!!! It really makes that yellow daffodil pop. :) Awesome card, Kim!

Amy Sheffer said...

So beautiful, Kim! The stamped dp looks incredible, and I love the embossed frame!

Gabriela said...

Kim - what a fabulous card and I'm thrilled to know that Stamper's Dream is now carrying Flourishes stamps. Talk about one stop shopping!

Norine said...

love what you have done with this stamp
Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

Well I am pretty much speechless...and that NEVER happens!!! The background you made with the Strut your Stuff stamps is just gorgeous! The embossed rectangle, the daffodil, all of it is over-the-top, stunning and gorgeous! Great job!!!!

Latisha said...

You know I was wondering that to do with that little doo hickey thing lol. This is just stunning, so elegeant, especially with the white embossed part, just awesome!

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful - Kim - I like the simplicity of this card!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Beautiful bg with the Strut your stuff!! And I love your scored frame!!

Deanna said...

Wow Kimberly... Stunning!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Great card, Kim! I love the embossed rectangle, and how you popped up the flower!

Cindy Haffner said...

So striking Kim.

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful card - the colors are so eye catching! Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly Crawford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

It really is loverly!! :) All your Flourish posts have been wonderful!

Carolina said...

Stunning! Love the way you colored and popped the flower!

Carolyn King said...

This is stunning Kim! Wowza!

ChristineCreations said...

I love your color contrast Kimberly! Gorgeous coloring of the Daffodil too!

Mothermark said...

Daffodils are such happy flowers. This set will do well I bet. Your card is beautiful..love the contrast of colors...great card, great sneak peak!

Karen said...

This is just stunning!! Love the daffodil and the strip on the side. Gorgeous! :>

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic card all around. I love the colors, the drama and the textures. Rockstar Kim!!

lois said...

kimberly I have been looking for a daffodile flower stamp for mts. please tell me how I can get this stamp . thank you lois

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...