I wanted to make the bird look textured and like he had feathers. I thought that this circle stamp would work pretty well.
I didn't want the words to show, so I thought that flock would cover the words and provide a soft texture for the bird as well.
I cut out the bird template and adhered it to think chipboard. Then I placed the circles over the bird. (The beak is a party hat from the same set of stamps as the circle.)
Then I trimmed away the circles along the bird outline.
The background was stamped with watermark ink and a flower background. The branch is from Maya Road, and it too was inked. The Twine seemed like a good, natural finishing touch.