Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stamp of the Month

Here are a few of the projects that we will be making in the Stamp of the Month class at my LSS. I adore this set of clear stamps from Hero Arts Cl155 Playful Animals. Too cute, too fun! I am still making a ton of things and will have to narrow it down to 3 projects.

The first card has Color Mates and Bazzill cardstock and ribbon from American Crafts. The elephant was colored using Prismacolor pencils and a blending pencil. I also stamped the reddish background with VersaMark Watermark ink and the number 3. Thought the title, "Yippee, 3!" would make this a cute birthday card.

This is just for fun. I found the crocodile looking paper from The Paper Company and had to use it! Plus-I adore this huge rick rack--it comes in tons of colors! Again, I colored the crocodile in Prismacolor pencils, but this time I added Aleene's Paper Glaze to make him shiny, just like the paper. Hope you can see that...


This is a gift bag---thought it would be cute for a baby gift. I made the scallops using my Fiskars scallop deco scissor and a micro punch. I always cut the paper about 3/4 of an inch wider than I need to accomodate for the cutting.

The little monkey just looked like he was holding something, so I thought, let's have him hold a sentiment. He is mounted with mini foam dots and hung by a brad. All the animals are colored in Prismacolor pencil, once again. I am planning on doing some stamping that doesn't involve coloring. I just love that technique, but not everyone does...so back to the drawing board! :) thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

Rox-Ann said...

Wow great job Kim, love the crocodile card neat technique. I love the elephant and the bag great ideas TFS!

Maria said...

okay that elephant stamp is too cute!! love your cards :-)

Flossie's Follies said...

These are great, love them all and that aligator paper is perfect.

Kelly said...

adorable cards! wonderful work!

Яна said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda L. said...

Woah...that crocodile paper is cool!!

Daphne said...

Adorable!!! I could use some of those bags and home made cards for baby blankets that I've knitted up! My favorite...the alligator...the texture is fabulous!