Wednesday, January 4, 2017

updates and changes

Its been pretty quiet here on the old blog lately. Life has a way of doing that sometimes, doesn't it? Over the last several weeks my family's need for me has grown. Frankly, its been growing for some time, but I like to carry on as if I am super woman and can do it all. Truth is, I cannot. Especially with my health. This past summer my health took a nose dive and my rheumatoid arthritis got the better of me. Because I wasn't taking care of myself. Not a good plan. Making better choices for me is a priority in the new year. Our beautiful son is also keeping us busy. Not only does he swim USA Swim all year long, once school started, he added band, choir, and robotics. He also made an honor choir and has been nominated for honor band. He also made Team Iowa for the Midwest All-Stars for swimming. Its a huge honor and speaks to how hard he works at everything he does. (I might know where this comes from... :D) He is truly amazing. With all these opportunities comes the responsibility on us to get him from place to place. I also inevitably end up helping out at each activity, another task that I am grateful to be able to do! He will be ours for such a short time. We will blink and he will be off to college and the beginning of his adult life. Life moves so quickly, I do not want any regret when he does leave the nest. As I was getting busier and busier, the moments of regret were happening often, chipping away at my heart, pounding the guilt into my brain. Twice over the last month the doctors have told us that my Grandma would not survive until the morning. We have said tearful good-byes, but then have been greeted with joyful moments that we did not imagine we would have. I spent one of the most beautiful and gut-wrenching days of my life with her at Christmas. Holding her hand. Knowing that she is failing. Embracing the moments, by being in the moment. Feeling the happiness and the pain. Which brings me once again to look at my life. To realize how fleeting our days are. To acknowledge that this is all temporary. I need to find a balance. To find how I live in each and every moment with my family, but also find a way to use my gifts. My love for paper crafting is real. My passion for teaching others runs deep. But for now, its time to step back and re-evaluate.

Because of all of this, I have left My Favorite Things and the Echo Park/Carta Bella teams. Not an easy decision. It has been one of the tougher choices I have ever made. When you love the people you work for and with, and you love the product, ugh, it hurts. These two companies have been unbelievably supportive, caring, understanding, and more wonderful than I could have hoped. It was an honor to be a part of their teams for two years.

I am going to stay with the We R Memory Keepers team because I do want to stay in the industry. The drive to create is still inside. My time is much less in demand with them, and for that, I am grateful. I look forward to sharing more fun projects from them over the next year.

I am NOT going away. Just slowing down a bit. Taking time to figure it all out.Things will be quieter here off and on. Stop over to my Instagram account to see what's happening. Taking a quick photo with my phone is an easy way for me to share, or over-share sometimes. :D My account is kimberlystamps.

Happy New Year and all the best to you and yours for 2017!!

thanks, as always, for stopping by!

kimberly

18 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Popping in to give you a HUGE HUG! Totally understand your decision...taking a little step back to take care of YOU and family is #1. I will see you on Instagram xo

Tricia Barber said...

Kimberly - I think anyone would tell you that you never regret spending more time with family! We will miss you but totally support your decision and courage! I follow you on Instagram and love seeing your creations but also your pictures of your lovely family! Hugs to you!

~amy~ said...

Good for you for taking of you...and spending tons of time with the family. I can't believe both of my kids are in college...time does fly QUICKLY.

Happy Little Crafter said...

Heart to heart hugs from across the miles. You have made a wise choice that will open many new chances to embrace all of the goodness in your life. My two sons are now adult men and those years we all shared together when they were growing up hold some of my most cherished memories ^_^ Enjoy every moment of it and pinch yourself for the most wonderful life you are leading!

Lucy E. said...

Take care of yourself, Kimberly!
We will always love seeing your creative projects, whether for design teams or not!
Your time and energy are best spent with family :-)

Teresa Doyle said...

I totally get it! I was a SAHM with both of my children and I never regretted a moment of it. I realized they were only ours for "a time" and I didn't want to regret a thing. They are both married now and have their own lives and they BOTH still say that they were so Thankful to have a Mom that was there everyday when they came home! (Music to a Mother's ears!) I have NO regrets and neither will you! We'll be here when you "come back" as life has stages and there WILL be a time again, for you to pick up with the things YOU enjoy doing!
Take care Kimberly, and enjoy each day!

Doris said...

Congratulations, Kimberly, on being "brave" enough to evaluate your commitments and make the necessary cutbacks. I just did the same last Fall when I realized that I needed to slow down. I'm fairly new to your blog and look forward to more of the inspiration you've provided. Happy New Year!

BTW, time flies even faster when you have grandchildren. I can't believe my oldest grandson is in college already.

lisa808 said...

There is nothing more important than health and family. Take care of yourself and your loved ones.

creatingincolors said...

I have no doubt you are making the right decision. Take the time you need to figure out this chapter in life for your own health and happiness, and that of your family. I'm sure we'll see more of you later, when the time is right, because creating and teaching are a part of you. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet you this past year, and will continue to look forward to whatever you're posting on Instagram. Treasure the moments as your son grows because the years go by in the blink of an eye. I wish you all the best.

Enigma Artist said...

As they say, when one door closes another opens and I wish you a year of open doors. Making the decision to alter courses was hard, I'm sure, but it will be the right decision for you. Take it one day at a time. Enjoy your family; take care of yourself! Cyber hugs!

Verna Angerhofer said...

I fully understand the need to slow down. Now maybe the creative things you do can be done at your own pace and no rush to meet a deadline. Concentrate on making yourself the priority for a change. Good luck and have a great new year.

Nora Noll said...

Big hugs Kimberly!! You have to do what is best for the family and I totally agree that you only have your children for a blink of an eye and then they are adults. I will be on the look out for some of your creations when you do post!!

juliemyates777 said...

Hi Kimberly,
You probably won't remember me but I attended the workshops at MFT when you came down to instruct. I just love your creativity and detail. I will always remember that I "got it" when you did the foiling technique. So thank you, and God bless you and you really won't regret this decision to put your family FIRST!
Hugs,
Julie Yates

Debbie K. said...

Always have been a huge admirer of your work, Kim and always will be. Family is so important and I commend you for putting them FIRST. Best wishes to you in the new year!

Jennifer K said...

We all go through these different seasons in our life. This is your season to spend more time with E. enjoy it! Crafting will always be around. Take care. :)

Darnell said...

You are very wise, Kimberly. As a grandmother who didn't get into this until my son was grown and married, I applaud you for recognizing that art and creating and blogs will be here long after your beautiful son has left the nest and we will all be here when you have the time to come back to this hobby you are passionate about. I wish you all the best and know you will enjoy each moment to come! Hugs, Darnell

Yoonsun Hur said...

Kimberly, I love yours. I admire yours. I respect you!! And I am still waiting for your beautiful projects! Sending big, big hugs and love!! God bless you! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

I know that was a hard decision. I wondered how you did it all. Yours was always one of the first I would look at when the new release would hit. Following you on facebook. Love and hugs to you. Pam

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...