Friday, January 16, 2009

Flourishes New Release: Chairs for You

Here is the final of the three stamp sets being released by Flourishes tonight. This set is called "Chairs for You." Gorgeous. Chairs are so trendy right now and you will love all the different chairs, accessories, and sentiments.

When I saw this chair, it told me it needed to be paper pieced! :) When the new Basic Grey Bitterweet paper pack arrived at my door, it was meant to be! I colored the wooden parts of the chair with Copics. (E53, E55, E57) A shadow was added with W3.
The pearls are taking the place of this gorgeous line of nailheads on the stamp. I was thinking that some Liquid Pearls would be better, though.
The button and the bow are my favorite new idea that actually worked! I have wanted to make those ends behind a button for some time now. This larger button had big enough holes to accomplish that. Yay!
My other favorite part is the top corners. I wasn't sure what to do, so DH suggested some pewter pearls, "but make them look like a photo corner." Isn't he the best? I just love him!

Check out what the rest of the team has created:
Flourishes Blog
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Julie Koerber
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Becca Feeken
Betty Wright
Cindy Haffner
Dee Jackson
Silke Ledlow
Jan Marie Caruso
Nancy Kirk
Sharon Doolittle

Don't miss the release party tonight on the SCS Forum!
thanks for stopping by!!!!!!!!!

Supplies:
Stamps-Flourishes (Chairs for You, available January 16)
Patterned paper-Basic Grey (Bittersweet)
Cardstock-Papertrey Ink (Vintage Cream, Dark Chocolate)
Ink-Memento (Tuxedo Black)
Ribbon-Offray
Button-Le Button
Pearls-Hero Arts, Kaiser
Tools-Nestabilities, Copics

25 comments:

Amy said...

{{{{squeal}}}}!! I've never really seen chair stamps (like this) and didn't know they were all the rage now, but I love it!!! I'll have to go look at the whole set!

So fun!

Hugs,
Amy

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Kim!! I love your husband's suggestion for the pearly photo corners!!

Norine said...

this is amazing love the paper you used with the chair it looks so real
great job
Hugs
Norine

Denise Marzec said...

Oh wow, Kim. Seriously, girl, you blow me away. THAT DP print with THAT lacey ribbon is just PERFECT with the chair. Looooove LOVE LOVE this card!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Kim! Love the old, vintage feel it has!

LeAnne said...

So sweet! I love the embellishments!
LeAnne

NancyK said...

WOW! I love the pearls you added for nail heads! And I wish MY husband was as helpful as yours!

Betty Wright said...

Kim, this is wonderful!!! Love the colors, the paper pieced chair, and the lace and pearl detailing are wow!!!! Great card!!!!

Unknown said...

Kim, this is a gorgeous work of art! I love it paper pieced with the Bittersweet papers! The LP and pearls are the perfect embellishments! Great job!

Silke Ledlow said...

BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! Love this elegant look with the pretty ribbon and and flower!!! Hugs ~S~

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! I love the dp and your paper piecing with the chair. Love it.

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow-zers!!!!!!!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Kimberly...this is awesome! I love the pearls along the bottom...perfect!!

Julie Koerber said...

Oh, this is just too pretty! Love that crochet look to it with the edging and button! OH MY! I laughed too when I saw your card. Can my chair come over and play with your chair!?!??LOL!

Latisha said...

I love the crocheted flower and ribbon/lace, and all the stitching you did! This is just fab-u-lous and so rich looking!!

DeeDee said...

WOW!!! What a beauty of a card girlie!!! This is one piece of art work right here!!! Love it!!! HUGS!!

Linda said...

This is a totally awesome card! Love the vintage look! WOW!

Julie said...

Way cute, Kim! I just love the DP and pretty lacy look!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Seriously! Unbelievable!! This is stunning!

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

WOW blown away!

R

Tosha Leyendekker said...

GORGEOUS!! Oh my is that pieced chair ever stunning!! LOVE it!! Love the liquid pearls and that gorgeous button too! And what a husband you have!! He's sooooo a keeper Kim!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely divine!

Regina Easter said...

wowzer wowzer............omg...love it

Tammy Hershberger said...

Another cute one! LOVE the piecing and the lace!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous!! Love the pieced chair - so elegant! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...