SORRY! This project has been removed for publication in Paper Crafts Nov/Dec 2009 issue.
These were the stamps that were going to be my Christmas card. I adore them. That fat, little bird has to be the cutest thing ever! Add my new love of houndstooth, kraft, and red, and I am a happy camper!! Onto the tagging, and the tagger influenced this card. How could I not think of stamping red onto kraft paper? She would, she is brilliant.
Not that I am ever going to let her forget it, but Debbie Olson has tagged me! :) This one is pretty fun, just share 7 random facts about yourself. I really enjoy reading everyone's responses and getting to know them better.
7 Random things about Me:
1. I was a 3-sport athlete in high school. And I loved sports so much, I have a minor in coaching. I was also a high school softball coach before DS.
2. There are many teachers and coaches in my family: my dad (coach), grandma, 2 uncles (coaches), great aunt, great uncle, a cousin, and myself (coach).
My grandma taught in a one-room school house one town over from where I grew up. She was also the first head start teacher in the town where we live in now. At 50, she went back to school to get her 4 year degree, instead of staying with her 2 year degree from teacher's college. The same college I attended to receive my degree. Crazy, huh?
3. My husband is the reason I got into stamping. When we got married I wanted to emboss my envelopes, but I didn't know what it was or how to do it. He said, "my mom does this stamping thing." The rest is history and I never let him forget i! :)
4. I just started stamping again in January of this year. I started stamping about 9 years ago, but after a couple of years I started working full time and got away from it. Once my son was born, I got into scrapbooking. Then I found Papertrey Ink...
5. I do not have any cavities. I have never had a cavity.
6. I am a thrower-awayer. If it has been sitting there for more than a day and I don't need it, its gone. While, we don't have clutter, I have thrown away gift cards and airline tickets...
(disclaimer: this does not count for anything stamping, scrapbooking, or crafting related)
7. My license plate has the letters of my initials, before marriage; KKS.
I am going to refrain from tagging anyone else. There are so many of you that are kind, thoughtful, supportive, and I could never narrow it down. But I will say, that those of you who visit me often, I love your comments. They mean the world to me! I have been very blessed with wonderful online friends-thank you!!!! ((((HUGS))))
thanks for stopping by!!!!!!!!!!