Wednesday, February 10, 2016

organization: dies


My die storage is very similar to my stamp storage. Same refrigerator bins, same pockets. And it works well. Really well!

I keep them stored on magnetic sheets. There are a couple of sheets. The first is the one that some of the die sets come on when you purchase the set of dies. The second is magnetic vent covers that you can purchase at your local hardware store. It can be cut down to size. The final one is my favorite, magnetic pieces, made to fit the MFT Stamps storage bags! I still trim my down, as you can see, but I love that they are ready to be used! (And yes, I am frugal with my organization. I want to spend on stamps and good stuff too!)

I sort my dies like this:
Circles-every variation, including frames
Squares
Rectangles
Ovals
Stars
Hearts
Fishtail Flags
Favorites-my personal favs
Nature
Borders
Blueprints
Tag Builder Blueprints
Cover Ups
Random 
3D

I keep the dies that coordinate with stamps in the same pocket as the stamps. I find it makes things easier for me.

Join me on Periscope!
@kimberlystamps

This Friday, February 12. 11 AM central.
See my crafty space and hang out! Look forward to "seeing" you there!


Visit the MFT Stamps Blog for links to the rest of the design team and their fabulous ideas!

thanks for stopping by!

kimberly

Storage pockets and magnets:

2 comments:

Dee Earnshaw said...

Thank you for your list of how you sort out your dies. This will come in very handy for me. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SHARING:)

Parker said...

I'm so glad to see that you have shared some wonderful storage tips. Thanks a ton.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...